PG Music Home
Posted By: jo59 Midi File [Resolved] - 07/03/21 05:54 AM
hello I have a midi file when I listen to the guitar chords one at a time with the numpad only one note plays, not the complete chord because? thanks if someone explains me
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Midi File - 07/03/21 09:10 AM
maybe someone more knowledgeable can help but i've never tried to play a midi file chord by chord. are you sure that the note you are getting is not the note the number pad is sending to the synth?

which program are you using? if you are using RB you can select the bit of the midi file you want to play but it will be a bit tedious
Posted By: jo59 Re: Midi File - 07/03/21 11:29 AM
i use a BIAB midi file, thanks i'm studying the guitar part of a midi song playing the chords one by one with the delete key of the numpad of some chords only one note plays, not the complete chord
Posted By: MarioD Re: Midi File - 07/03/21 12:14 PM
Have you looked at either the piano roll view or the notation view to see if there is a full chord there? Many times a guitarist will only play one note followed by the full chord.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Midi File - 07/03/21 12:54 PM
Make sure Play > Wizard Playalong feature is not enabled.

Description: Wizard Playalong feature
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Midi File - 07/03/21 01:24 PM
Hi jo59,

"Play >> Step Advance" is a Notation Mode feature. To see and hear this operate, it's best to set BIAB to "Notation Mode."

The reason that you are only hearing one note at a time is because when you load a MIDI file, the file loads entirely on the Melody track. This is how BIAB works. It's not a DAW.

BIAB's Guitar, Piano, Bass, (etc.) tracks are reserved for BIAB's backing and do not load MIDI files onto them.

That said, if you can work out what channel in the MIDI has the guitar information, it would be possible to transfer that channel to the Guitar track. You could then select the Guitar track and use the Numberpad DEL key to play each beat in Step Advance mode.

When you enter Notation Mode...

...make sure the Melody track is selected by clicking on it. Now try tapping Numberpad DEL at a regular speed and watch the Notation. You'll see that the notes are highlighted in red as they are stepped through one by one with each tap of DEL.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: jo59 Re: Midi File - 07/03/21 03:27 PM
thanks
i followed your instructions, some chords play well, some others play just one note, i haven't had this problem with the old versions of BIAB
Posted By: jo59 Re: Midi File - 07/04/21 05:35 AM
Hi all I solved my problem I entered in MIDI / Audio Drivers setup and put MME instead of WAS
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Midi File - 07/04/21 09:32 AM
Thanks for letting us know this has been resolved.

Please consider opening your original message and marking as 'Resolved' (there's a button for that). This can assist others in the future also.
© PG Music Forums