PG Music Home
Hi there,
I would like to know if there's any commands or settings, which can change the music STYLE within one song more "Smoothly"?
(I don't intend to take drastic change, eg: Ballad to Heavy metal, Classical to HipHop..etc) , just similar types like Bossa Nova to Dixieland.. both on the same group (Jazz)..etc..
Originally Posted By: ajen2016
Hi there,
I would like to know if there's any commands or settings, which can change the music STYLE within one song more "Smoothly"?
(I don't intend to take drastic change, eg: Ballad to Heavy metal, Classical to HipHop..etc) , just similar types like Bossa Nova to Dixieland.. both on the same group (Jazz)..etc..

You should certainly be able to do that. The number of Styles available to you will depend on the Pak you have purchased (Pro, Ultra, Mega etc)

Open the song, make sure Tracks are not frozen, and select the Style Picker. Then use some filter options to locate styles that fit your requirements. Press the Clear button first to remove any existing filters. The Category option shows a list of pre-defined styles that you can choose from. Then you can Quick-Play the selected Style using an existing song demo.

Attached picture 2021-07-08_20-10-18.jpg
Attached picture 2021-07-08_20-12-49.jpg
<< I would like to know if there's any commands or settings, which can change the music STYLE within one song more "Smoothly"? >>

Yes. BIAB has at least two tools that will do specifically what you're asking.

1. MultiStyles
PG Music staff use MultiStyles a lot in demos and have a large amount of MultiStyles in the StylePicker. My version of BIAB has more than a thousand PG Music developed MultiStyles. More importantly, MultiStyles are ridiculously easy for users to turn ANY style into a MultiStyle. MultiStyles are a great way to customize a song and very versatile in arranging a song, increasing the number of instruments RealTrack instruments beyond the 7 available tracks in the BIAB Mixer. Providing Multiple soloists in a song and also making it easy to re-arrange sections and change song forms in a project.

BIAB recognizes MultiStyles through Part Markers and the BIAB algorithm program selects audio snippets that are appropriate for the upcoming changes because it 'reads ahead' these changes from the Part Markers in the song's Chord Chart the same as it interprets Chords and automatically creates smooth transitions.

2. Medley Maker
A little known and underused tool. But it is very powerful and super easy to use. Unfortunately it's always been marketed by PG Music as a one trick pony for accompaniment and entertainment, tucked away down a menu trail and overlooked by nearly everyone. It's also an amazing song project programming tool.

First, it can literally allow tasks that are impossible to do in a BIAB project to easily be done in BIAB by converting that task so BIAB recognizes it as individual songs independent of each other but the user has programmed each song to be a BIAB project song section.

Second, Medley Maker works as good with a single song as it does a series of individual songs. This allows a user to assign various sections of a single project as a list of songs so various song forms can moved and auditioned in various arrangements.

Medley Maker automatically creates transitions between each song regardless of genre, style, feel, tempo or time signature. There are two limitations; A Medley can't begin in 3/4 time and the 255 bar limit applies. Transitions from 0 to 16 bars can be selected and a user can replace the auto generated transition chords manually.

To find PG Music created MultiStyles:
StylePicker - Search using +

To access the Medley Maker:
From the Main Screen Chord Chart, Tools, Song Form\Medley Maker

Tutorial:
BIAB for Windows Medley Maker

Screenshots:

Attached picture Medley Maker.png
Attached picture Screenshot .png
Thank you, I would love to try both functions!
© PG Music Forums