PG Music Home
Posted By: Roycol styles - 12/04/21 01:35 PM
How can I find how many styles I 'should' have?
I have 1026 styles, is that about right?
version 2021 pro.

Also do style pack for 2022 work with 2021?
I don't want to upgrade, but do with more styles.
Posted By: PatrickS Re: styles - 12/04/21 02:08 PM
Try the Help - What Add-ons Do I Have? - option
It will display the RealTrack sets / RealDrums / Midi Super / Xtra Styles / Midi Styles that you have installed
and report what is not there in the Not Found areas

I think it would be best to check with sales by the chat facility to double check.
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: styles - 12/05/21 12:54 PM
Hi Roycol, that looks about right. If you had purchased any additional add-ons, or have bonus PAKs, like the 2021 49PAK, then that number may be a bit higher. If you're unsure, then re-install your RealTracks and add-ons, then open the Style Picker and do a slow Rebuild. Afterwards, click the Clear button at the top of the Style Picker to make sure you are not filtering your results.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: styles - 12/05/21 02:41 PM
This is a good question, and an excellent answer.

In case it helps to have context, the main program is the same for all versions of BIAB, so the differences are in the number of styles, MIDI SuperTracks, RealTracks and RealDrums. I have the audiophile version, and for comparison I have almost 10,000 styles.
Posted By: cqd Re: styles - 12/09/21 01:04 AM
This is kind of on to a question I was going to ask..
I got the mega pack a couple of days ago and just upgraded to the ultra pack for real tracks..
Seeing as I upgraded to ultra, are the extra style packs included?..
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: styles - 12/09/21 09:05 AM
There are the same number of MIDI styles that come with the ultra pak but you get many many more RealTracks, so yes to those. There are also what PG Music calls Xtra Style Paks (12 now), and those are extra purchases for any pak, although this would be a good question for Sales.
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: styles - 12/09/21 10:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
There are also what PG Music calls Xtra Style Paks (12 now), and those are extra purchases for any pak, although this would be a good question for Sales.

You're right that the Xtra Styles PAKs, are not included in any PAK; they are "extra". However, they are only compatible with the UltraPAK and higher because the Pro and Mega do not have all of the RealTracks that these Styles need. It is the XPro Styles PAKs that are compatible with any PAK.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: styles - 12/09/21 02:08 PM
That's a good clarification by Chantelle: it would not make sense to buy the Xtra Styles PAKs unless you had either the UltraPak or UltraPak+, or the Audiophile version. It's also a good reason for them being an extra purchase that users of lighter packages do not have to pay for.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: styles - 12/09/21 08:26 PM
While it's VERY difficult to compare number of styles from user to user, as it can vary a LOT due to any installed add-ons, bonus paks, and even patch updates, I can offer a list of roughly what each package should contain.

Pro should contain roughly 1000 styles.
MegaPAK should contain roughly 3000 styles.
UltraPAK and higher should contain roughly 6900 styles.

The total amount of potential styles available from PG Music at the time of writing this is 9446 styles - that would require a purchase of an UltraPAK or higher, the 49-PAK, Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12, XPro Styles PAKs 1 and 2, and Loops-with-Style PAKs 1 and 2. These are also available in the OmniPAK.
Posted By: cqd Re: styles - 12/09/21 11:04 PM
The ultra pack should have 6k?..after upgrading I'm still only seeing 3k..
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: styles - 12/09/21 11:15 PM
Did you do the Slow Rebuild within the style picker window? What build BIAB are you using?
Posted By: cqd Re: styles - 12/10/21 12:28 AM
Ah..it seems I had only downloaded the upgrade from the previous ultra pack..not the full one from the mega..downloading lots more as we speak..
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: styles - 12/10/21 07:45 PM
Originally Posted By: cqd
Ah..it seems I had only downloaded the upgrade from the previous ultra pack..not the full one from the mega..downloading lots more as we speak..

Excellent! Let us know if you have any further trouble!
© PG Music Forums