PG Music Home
In the boot camp tutorial I notice the author saves a song into the C:\bb folder. My question is whether this location is highly advised or can saved songs and other user created BIAB materials be saved anywhere? Is there a reason to pick a specific type of location?

Currently I have a folder where I store my GuitarPro Transcriptios along with PDF renderings. I have not yet started to save any BIAB materials.

Any wise advice from those who are long down the road using BIAB?

Thanks for bringing up Junior!
I have all of my songs on a separate hard drive. I have them stored in x/BiaBsongs/then the year. So it would look like BiaBsongs/2020 and BiaBsongs/2021.

As I am working on a song I will keep different variations there also, but I label then songtitle 1, songtitle 2 etc. When I get a version I like I delete the other versions.

YMMV
You can save them anywhere
Only variant is how long it takes that drive to wake up and load the song .. otherwise do what works for you
I often use a separate drive (like Mario), but the location is pretty flexible (generally speaking) as far as the program is concerned
I create a folder on the computer desktop while working on a song. Everything related to the song like audio, lyric, loops, and Band-in-a-Box, RealBand or DAW files goes in that folder. Once, if ever, the song is finished I store the folder with other songs.
I save all my biab songs in the cloud.
I keep a separate folder

I back them up a couple of times a year.
Super Guys and Gals. That CLEARLY answers my question. I can do it anywhere! Seemed crazy to me in the BIAB tutorial to put them into the BIAB install folder. Thanks for letting me know I wasn't missing something. Cheers.
© PG Music Forums