PG Music Home
After years of using BiaB, I still struggle to easily control substyles within RealTracks/Drums. It's fine when I want them all to change as I can use the A/B markers, but is there a straightforward way of telling a particular instrument which substyle to use without having to completely change the RealTrack to an 'A' or 'B' style only one?

Thanks!
its a little tedious but i imagine you can do it by freezing all of the tracks except the one you want to change then changing the A/B partmarker and allow that instrument to regenerate leaving the frozen tracks unchanged then freeze the instrument you changed.

once you've done that repeat for other tracks you want to change. should work but its probably tedious if more than one instrument is involved.

Your feeling is the same as mine.
A, B, the changes of the drum can be controlled inside.
But the instrument changes and cannot be controlled.
Let everything become very random and uncontrollable.
Maybe I like GUITAR for B, but this GUITAR appears in A
I like A's BASS, but it appears in B
It feels very random
Another reason some of us like Realband.
In RB you select a track, generate the section(s) you want in whatever style/variant .. and move on to the next track

It's a more linear approach to the whole process, but control seems more intuitive and productive to some of us
You simply move to the next track/section and all other tracks are 'frozen' as a default behavior.
Like everything in life, there are tradeoffs of course. The workflow becomes different and may take a little time to adapt to if you are used to just BiaB currently.

Each of the two programs do things the other doesn't, but you get them both when you've purchased any recent BiaB version. So may be worth at least investigating.
Originally Posted By: rharv
Another reason some of us like Realband.
In RB you select a track, generate the section(s) you want in whatever style/variant .. and move on to the next track

It's a more linear approach to the whole process, but control seems more intuitive and productive to some of us
You simply move to the next track/section and all other tracks are 'frozen' as a default behavior.
Like everything in life, there are tradeoffs of course. The workflow becomes different and may take a little time to adapt to if you are used to just BiaB currently.

Each of the two programs do things the other doesn't, but you get them both when you've purchased any recent BiaB version. So may be worth at least investigating.

I don’t know about RB because I have been using STUDIO ONE
In studio one you have to use the BiaB plugin. One thing to think about. BiaB has always been about accompaniment, and while it has leaned further into recording and has some nice new features, really layering tracks is best done in a multitrack DAW. RHarv mentioned RB. It is a pretty nice DAW to learn since it opens BiaB files and you can add and subtract from those project with ease.

While my go to DAW is studio one, I still have a lot of respect and love for RB. I bet I did over 100 projects in RB over the years.
Originally Posted By: Rob Helms
RHarv mentioned RB. This is a very good DAW study, because it opens BiaB files and you can easily add and subtract from these items.

RB opens BiaB files, I have never done this before. Are there any related videos? I want to see them.

Originally Posted By: Rob Helms

Although I went to DAW as one of the studios, I still have a lot of respect and love for RB. I bet that I have done more than 100 projects in RB over the years.

marvelous. It seems that I should also study RB.
Thanks for telling me so much
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
RB opens BiaB files, I have never done this before. Are there any related videos? I want to see them.

All of our videos on Realband are here: https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.realband.htm

We don't have any that are specific to opening BIAB song files, since the process is literally as simple as going to File > Open.

It's quite straightforward. Just select File > Open.

Attached picture 2021-12-23_16-38-07.jpg

I don’t know about RB because I have been using STUDIO ONE

Same here. I don't even install RB anymore. It sat there for years and never got used once, so I didn't install it on my new DAW machine.
if you've never tried RB i agree with rharv and Rob Helms, things that are quite complicated in BIAB (basically because BIAB started life as an auto accompaniment program and lots got added over the years)are simplicity itself in RB. if you've never tried it you are missing a lot.

as usual though, it's worth reading the manual - the pdf is online. much quicker than posting a simple query like 'how do you open a file'
I use both Studio One and Real Band. Just depends on what I am doing.

...Deb
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
if you've never tried RB i agree with rharv and Rob Helms, things that are quite complicated in BIAB (basically because BIAB started life as an auto accompaniment program and lots got added over the years)are simplicity itself in RB. if you've never tried it you are missing a lot.

as usual though, it's worth reading the manual - the pdf is online. much quicker than posting a simple query like 'how do you open a file'

I turned on RB and didn't even select the audio. cry
© PG Music Forums