PG Music Home
There are more and more styles, and only relying on memory or searching will delay a lot of time. I don't know if it can import MP3, WAV audio file fragments, and then automatically find similar styles.
This can greatly save time and be more accurate.
I hope I already have this feature, but I haven't found it yet, so I won't use it.
If not, I hope to add it later.
One feature you can use is in the styles picker and search for the title of a well known song which will then give you BIAB style suggestions.

Also, if you find a style you like, you can save it to a list of Favorites so you can quickly find it again without having to memorize.

Others can comment on importing audio files.
Band-in-a-Box can not select a style based on importing an audio file.

The StylePicker has a feature that you may find useful if you have a song title.

Open the StylePicker
Select the "Find Titles" button
Enter a song title in the Filter String textbox
Select OK - Find Matching Styles

Description: StylePicker Find Titles Highlighted
Attached picture Clipboard18 StylePicker Find Titles.jpg

Description: Enter Song Title: Select OK - Find Matching Styles
Attached picture Clipboard18 StylePicker Song Title Browser.jpg
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Band-in-a-Box can not select a style based on importing an audio file.

The StylePicker has a feature that you may find useful if you have a song title.

Open the StylePicker
Select the "Find Titles" button
Enter a song title in the Filter String textbox
Select OK - Find Matching Styles

The point is that I rarely listen to these English songs, so where can I listen to these songs?
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
The point is that I rarely listen to these English songs, so where can I listen to these songs?
The quick answer is over the internet using a music service like YouTube Music, Apple's music service, Spotify or Pandora. However, I don't know if you can access these services.

I saw your +++ Wishlist Request +++ to add Oriental instrument RealTracks. The MP3 file you provided helps a lot. Both songs are interesting to listen to and are well done.

If you are intending to create songs similar to your example try some of the K-Pop and J-Pop styles.

You may want to make another wishlist request for song suggestions from imported audio.
The quick answer is over the internet using a music service like YouTube Music, Apple's music service, Spotify or Pandora. However, I don't know if you can access these services.

Then I find a way to check youtube more, can I recommend a few good music channels?

I saw your +++ Wishlist Request +++ to add Oriental instrument RealTracks. The MP3 file you provided helps a lot. Both songs are interesting to listen to and are well done.

If you are intending to create songs similar to your example try some of the K-Pop and J-Pop styles.

I found JPOP and KPOP, but they feel different. In fact, I think the music is based on Western music. It has a lot to do with the use of musical instruments.
Japanese music likes minor tunes, and there are many rock guitars
Korean music electronic fashion dance
Chinese pop songs give people the feeling that there are mountains and rivers, and they like to use pipa, flute, and erhu.
Currently BIAB lacks REALTRACKS such as Pipa, Dizi and Erhu

You may want to make another wishlist request for song suggestions from imported audio.

I will write a wish list later. But I think it is more difficult to import MP3 to automatically match the style. grin

Attached picture 2021-12-24_100649.jpg
I went to YouTube and typed "Oriental Music" in the search bar and received many hits.

Attached picture Clipboard01z YouTube Oriental Music.jpg
© PG Music Forums