PG Music Home
Posted By: Roycol old country music - 01/02/22 02:41 PM
BIAB 2022, when I listen to old country music, there seems to be a sentence, followed by a fiddle or guitar, just for a few bars, then the same again.
In BIAB do I have to mute the fiddle for the bars that there are vocals, or is there some sort of setting.
for example, background chording, background melody, solo?

Or is this a silly question?

Roy
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: old country music - 01/02/22 03:11 PM
<< In BIAB do I have to mute the fiddle for the bars that there are vocals, or is there some sort of setting.
for example, background chording, background melody, solo? >>

No, you don't have to mute. A very common thing is to have the fiddle 'chop' a rhythm when not doing fills, melody or solo.

Example: RT594
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: old country music - 01/02/22 05:17 PM
i think what you want to achieve is fiddle breaks between vocal phrases. so to achive what you want you might have to mute the rhythm fiddle playing chops where you want the fiddle breaks to avoid a clash and use multiriffs of a solo fiddle in the bars betweeen vocals.

depends how it sounds you might want to leave the rhtyhm fiddle playing and just add the breaks as a separate instrument - i've seen lots of old country bands with two fiddlers and the clip here show that you can never have too many.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHJPHjb6WN4
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: old country music - 01/02/22 10:20 PM
Look for RealTracks with "background" in the name.
Posted By: Roycol Re: old country music - 01/04/22 05:48 AM
Thanks for suggestions, I'm looking into it.

Roy
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: old country music - 01/04/22 01:35 PM
You need to work differently.

Create the song in BB. Use RB to render the tracks. Then export them to a DAW where you can use audio editing features such as volume envelopes. That allows you to turn the fill instruments down or off when the vocal is happening.

Using that method is the easiest way that I have personally found. Once you learn how it's done, it's actually very quick and easy.

My DAW of choice is Cakewalk's Sonar. There's a bunch of others. And.... Real Band, which you have, is a DAW. It's got some downsides but it's fairly functional overall. Of course.... Cakewalk by Bandlab is free now so there;s that.
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: old country music - 01/19/22 10:48 AM
As GH said finish in the DAW. I will say if you dig in RB will get it done.
© PG Music Forums