PG Music Home
Posted By: ChicagoBob How to put chord on the 4 and beat - 02/27/22 01:36 PM
Hi-- I can't believe i haven't figured this out... I want to place a chord on the 1, 3, 4th and 4 of measure -- how do i get the chord on the 4 and beat?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: How to put chord on the 4 and beat - 02/27/22 01:48 PM
+++ Microchords (User Manual) +++

+++ Entering Chords In BiaB (Including Microchords) +++

The new for 2022 Microchords feature allows you to enter a chord on any 16th note of a bar.

The top link is to the Microchords section of the online user manual and the second link is for a new seven minute video that illustrates the many ways chords can be entered onto the chord sheet.

The video also illustrates using one caret (^) to for an 8th note push or two carets (^^) for a 16th note push.
Posted By: ChicagoBob Re: How to put chord on the 4 and beat - 02/27/22 03:35 PM
thank you
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: How to put chord on the 4 and beat - 02/27/22 05:05 PM
Jim's good advice about using micro-chords requires that you are running the 2022 release of course.
Yes, that's correct! The micro-chords were a much request feature, and gives users a more flexible experience when it comes to writing in chords and having the program play them. While you can push things by 1/8th and 1/16ths in older versions, the Micro-Chords option is definitely a good fit for getting it to play exactly where you want in regards to beat if the push options won't work for you. However if you are not using 2022 then you won't have the option of micro-chords so that's something to consider.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: How to put chord on the 4 and beat - 03/09/22 08:44 AM
ChicagoBob.

Are you using the 2022 version? You didn't say.
Posted By: ChicagoBob Re: How to put chord on the 4 and beat - 03/12/22 06:33 PM
I have the 2021 version but didnt realize this feature was added in 2022 which means I have to wait for the MAC version
Hi Chicago Bob, for the 2021 version, you could add 8th note or 16th note pushes with the ^ or ^^ symbols in front of the chords. If you are using MIDI tracks, you can manually input your chord on the "and" of the beat in either the Notation window or the PianoRoll.

While we all eagerly await for the Mac 2022 version there is a new tutorial video on MicroChords that you can familiarize yourself with. Once the Mac version comes out it is possible that the feature could look slightly different on screen, but we predict that how you use it will be mostly the same: https://youtu.be/GaF7kqZu-II
© PG Music Forums