PG Music Home
Posted By: Bass Thumper Elapsed Time - 04/30/22 07:14 PM
In BiaB 2022 is there a way to display elapsed time in minutes:seconds or just seconds in the chord sheet window?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Elapsed Time - 05/01/22 07:04 AM
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
In BiaB 2022 is there a way to display elapsed time in minutes:seconds or just seconds in the chord sheet window?

I don't believe that this feature is implemented yet.

There is the Timeline bar which also shows song progression, and the length of the song (including intro) is shown on the form caption.

RealBand does include this feature, but I think everyone is still waiting for the same in BiaB (There have been many requests over the years)

Attached picture 2022-05-01_20-00-48.jpg
Attached picture 2022-05-01_20-01-56.jpg
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Elapsed Time - 05/01/22 10:37 AM
Thanks AT, I'll assume it's on the wishlist.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Elapsed Time - 05/01/22 11:15 AM
it’s been awhile. I think it could help if you make a new post there.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Elapsed Time - 05/01/22 11:45 AM
Yes, a new item in the wishlist would certainly get support.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Elapsed Time - 05/01/22 11:52 AM
You will get a +1 from me.

IMHO the timeline bar is a waste of space. Using that space for elapsed time would be a huge improvement. I know that is just my opinion and many may not agree so maybe an option to choose what you see there would be a compromise. YMMV
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Elapsed Time - 05/01/22 07:40 PM
I tend to agree Mario. I never use the timeline, it's too difficult to visually see its operation. Several times I suggested to change the background to lighter colors so that the actual cursor position was more obvious and visually contrasted. But it never happened.
Posted By: Jerry - PG Music Re: Elapsed Time - 05/02/22 06:44 PM
Thank you all for the responses! We can definitely pass this onto the development team as a request for a new feature in future releases. Please do post this and other requests in our Wishlist forum: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c=3
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Elapsed Time - 05/02/22 10:37 PM
Thanks Jerry

I renewed my suggestion in the Wishlist section.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Elapsed Time - 05/03/22 01:25 PM
I use RB for a lot of the heavy lifting and I find the markers incredibly useful. Much easier than elapsed time to find bits i want to change. have never looked because i wouldn't use it anyway but does BIAB have a similar function? and i agree i never use the timeline - much easier to see where i am on the chord sheet.
Posted By: rharv Re: Elapsed Time - 05/03/22 07:43 PM
Timeline has its purpose, and it is one of the RB/PT features we use a lot.
I'm sure glad it's there
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Elapsed Time - 05/03/22 10:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
... and i agree i never use the timeline - much easier to see where i am on the chord sheet.

Bob, presumably you are referring to the timeline in BiaB?
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Elapsed Time - 05/04/22 05:52 AM
Just to make myself clear - which I obviously didn't ! - i never use the timeline in BIAB. For navigating about a song in BIAB I find it easiest to use the chord sheet. as a guitarist the chords are the easiest way for me to see where i am in a song and the part markers distinguish between a and b parts. also - unless it's a really simple song - i rarely use the number of choruses option as i enter songs unfolded so usually blue marks a verse and green marks a chorus.

as for RB the current time is helpful but for editing i use the 'from and to' boxes on the tracks window. clicking on the bar and beat line at the top gives me a precise location to enter. i find the tracks window audio wave form more than adequate for audio edits rather than entering into the audio edit window.

for 'getting around' in a song the RB part markers are ideal. first verse, first chorus, middle eight, solo start..........whatever i need i can see it and 'go to'.

elapsed time would be of no interest to me in BIAB but it seems other people would find it useful.
Posted By: rharv Re: Elapsed Time - 05/04/22 06:57 PM
It's kind of important on the production side of things.
I am pretty sure BiaB is handling mS time count in the background, so displaying (in my feeble mind) shouldn't be that hard.
But that's just my thoughts.

If enough people want it, maybe they'll unhide it.
Biab supports plugins like JamStix and EZDrummer, doesn't it? If so, then it should have the clock it needs already running

/sorry I can't be more definitive, I tested this feature in RB when it was added, and *may be assuming BiaB also does this, but I'm pretty sure I remember it being added to BiaB soon after
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Elapsed Time - 05/05/22 09:21 AM
Over the years I have come up with several ideas for the visual timeline, including this one:
Better Timeline Progress
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Elapsed Time - 05/07/22 04:26 PM

We can definitely resubmit/bump the request! smile
© PG Music Forums