PG Music Home
When I open a sng, only the drums are playing. It was working before. Any ideas. Thx
Have you tried return to factory settings. It is in the option drop down menu.

If you already have tried that or it didn't work then we need a lot more information in order to help. Things like CPU, ram, BiaB version, etc.
BIAB Megapak 2021, Windows Vista, 32 bit?

This song had worked before and I don't think anything has changed in settings.
Originally Posted By: DannyJo239

First, How old is that computer?? I am guessign Vista is over 20Years grin

And second, have you done the RTFS that Mario suggested?
Did you try return to factory settings?
What colour is your drum track and what colour is your other tracks in the mixer? If the drum is a RealDrum (green) and the other MIDI (yellow), then it could be that your MIDI settings need adjusting.

If the other tracks are green, do they have N/A in their names in the Mixer? This would mean that they are not found by your program. This could happen if you are trying to use RealTracks that are not included in your PAK, or if they are not installed properly. Try opening the Style Picker and click the Rebuild button at the bottom and see if this helps.
DannyJo,

What do you mean by "When I open a sng?"

Are you talking about opening an SGU or MGU file in BIAB or are you talking about opening a BIAB file that you've saved as MIDI? (Or are you talking about something else?)

If you've saved a BIAB songfile as MIDI, it's quite possible that the only track you will hear when opened is the drums. This will occur if the original BIAB file was all Realtracks.

Is this what is happening? A little more information would be useful.

Regards,
Noel
When in doubt....

Shut off the computer and everything connected to it including the external interface if any.

Reboot and try it again.

Load a different song. If the different song works.... try the other one that didn't.

Does it work now? If yes, you're good to go.

If not... Double check to be sure you're not soloing the drums. Or that you have everything else muted.

It's totally possible the song file was corrupted. I've had this happen once or twice. Don't know why it happens. But it does.

Simple fix.... recreate the song as a new song and give it a slightly different name. You can actually copy any audio from one project to the next.

Delete the first one.

Edit: WINDOWS VISTA? Wow that's really old.... but I shouldn't be saying much because I have a laptop that I use in my studio that actually still runs Vista too. But... here's some advice.... Any time you notice your computer is getting flakey..... such as the cursor starts jumping and sound is glitchy, or scrolling is jerky..... IMMEDIATELY.... LIKE NOW>>>>. Click on SAVE and shut down in a controlled manner if that is possible. If you don't, and continue to barge ahead on the project, you will have a glitch and likely a crash that's going to take all your work from the last time you saved with it. If you haven;t saved the project in that session, you just lost everything. Don't bother asking me how I know this. I run an older XP Pro 32 OS and as soon as it does that,,,,,, shutdown. ASAP.
Another thing to look out for is if your tracks are muted (red colour in the mixer) or grey (disabled). If the problem is continuing for your definitely let us know what colour the tracks producing no sound are so we can help potentially locate the issue you're having.
Originally Posted By: DannyJo239

Holy S***! VISTA? Are you serious? Vista sucked 15 years ago when it came out.

It is really WAY past time to update.
© PG Music Forums