PG Music Home
I have had BIAB for years, but am very new to using it because I've always found it isn't at all intuitive for me. I'm trying to make some headway.

I have a simple arrangement...
1a and 2a to lead in
3b to 10b, repeated 3 times
11b and 12b auto-generated ending ("Generate 2 bar Ending for this song")

I entered the melody, and use _BLUETAM.STY Blues Shuffle Tambourine style which includes Bass, Organ, Drums, Guitar and Tambourine.

When it gets to bar 10 on the first chorus, it drops the Organ, Drums and Guitar for the next two chorus repeats, and I can't figure out why.

I figure it probably drops them in order to play the "ending" with just bass and tambourine, but that is two choruses too early for me, and I can't find a way to change it. There are no "Bar Settings". I couldn't couldn't figure out how to fix it with Repeats/Codas... and I tried unchecking "Vary Style in Middle Choruses", but no dice.

Any help would be appreciated. I can share the file somewhere if appropriate.

Thanks in advance.

...Peter
Hi Peter,

Can you take a screenshot of your chordsheet and post it? The link below explains how to capture and image, save it and then links to another post of mine on how to post the image in these forums.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=472139#Post472139

Regards,
Noel
Hi Noel,

Much appreciated. I did switch to "Full reply screen" and I don't see any "File manager" option. And the "Enter an image" icon doesn't let me click any of insert a non-floating image, left-floating, etc. Maybe that is because I just joined the forum? I do note that "Post Options" indicate that "HTML is disabled", and that "UBBCode is enabled", similar to the screen capture in the instructions.

As a solution, I uploaded two files to my personal website, with a link below. I don't think that is outside the forum rules, but let me know if that isn't suitable for you. The melody in the MGX file is the well known tune to "Ten Little Indians", but copyright on that has expired, which you can confirm with a quick web search, so I don't believe there should be a posting/linking issue. You will find the two files:

PhotoJazz_RepeatDropsInstruments.jpg
OMMDVWAPReversal_Piano_02.MGX

...in the web folder - https://p-t.ca/BIAB_Noel/

Let me know if that works for you or if I should proceed differently.

Many thanks,
...Peter
Hi Peter,

Thanks for that. The image helps a lot. I notice that you have Organ, Drums, Guitar and Strings frozen. What I suggest you do is...

1) Use "File | Save As" to save the file with a new name. This will safeguard your present arrangement with the frozen tracks so that you can always return to it.

For example, I usually save files using name and number such as MySong.SGU and then when I make backups, they become Mysong1.SGU, MySong2.SGU, etc.

2) Now unfreeze all the tracks by clicking on the blue snowflake icon on the mixer. This is on the righthand side of M and S for each track.

3) Regenerate you song.

Does it work properly now?

Regards,
Noel

P.S. The "File Manager" in full-screen reply is simply a link that sits immediately below the window where text is typed. It will have (Total Files: 0) to the right of it.
Noel,

Amazingly easy to do, if you know what you are doing. That is exactly what it was. Thank you so much for that. Literally hours on my part trying to figure it out - though, learning more as I went. I even noticed at one point a few of my tracks were frozen, but wasn't really familiar with it and didn't make the connection.

Thank you so much,
...Peter

P.S. I found the video on uploading and watched it on YouTube, and mine looked exactly the same, "except" it did not have the "File Manager" link, but had the two items below it (add this thread and add this signature). I even re-checked after watching the video, and it didn't have it, but I checked it with this message now, and the File Manager has appeared. My previous message with the files information indicated it had to be approved by the Moderator. My guess is that you don't get that link until you've had at least one message approved by the moderator. May or may not be correct, but the sequence of events suggests that to me.

Many thanks again.
Originally Posted By: PhotoJazz
Noel,

...I even noticed at one point a few of my tracks were frozen, but wasn't really familiar with it and didn't make the connection.

...My previous message with the files information indicated it had to be approved by the Moderator. My guess is that you don't get that link until you've had at least one message approved by the moderator. May or may not be correct, but the sequence of events suggests that to me.

Hi Peter,

I'm glad you got it working. What I suspect has happened is that you originally wrote the song as a 1-chorus song. At that point, you may have generated and frozen the tracks because you liked what you heard. I do exactly the same thing!

I then suspect that you increased the song to three choruses. However, the frozen tracks could not generate new material in choruses two and three because freezing had locked in their content after a single chorus.

I didn't know that about File Manager. Thank you for pointing it out. There have been lots of spam attacks on these forums over the years and it sounds like the moderators now intercept posts until the moderators are comfortable a user is legit.

Happy BIAB'ing!
Noel
© PG Music Forums