PG Music Home
Posted By: ve2cjw Deleting MIDI events in a track. [Resolved] - 07/23/22 03:55 PM
I have a few songs in which I want to delete control change events. I'm using Power Tracks but the problem is the same in Realband. For example, all of the tracks in a song contain control change 2 with different values. There are a few hundred of these events in the tracks. After selecting tracks and defining the From and To values, I have tried cutting out the events with the Cut command with no results. I have also tried the replace command in Edit to replace them with another kind of event but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? Anyone has seen that before? I am at my wits end here. Thanks for any suggestion.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Deleting MIDI events in a track. - 07/23/22 04:09 PM
Try highlighting them and pressing the delete key on your computer's keyboard.
Posted By: ve2cjw Re: Deleting MIDI events in a track. - 07/23/22 08:33 PM
I haven't found a way to highlight the events. How do you do that? Sometimes I think of going back to Cakewalk when I get frustrated. Thanks anyway Mario.
Posted By: VintageGibson Re: Deleting MIDI events in a track. - 07/23/22 08:50 PM
Using RealBand, in the Cut dialogue box there are 3 options, Keep Gap, Close Gap and Use Data Filter. If you select Use Data Filter you can specify the type and range of data to cut. You should make a note of these ranges before selecting this option. From memory, these options are also in PowerTracks.
Hope this helps.

Vintage
Posted By: MarioD Re: Deleting MIDI events in a track. - 07/23/22 09:13 PM
Originally Posted By: ve2cjw
I haven't found a way to highlight the events. How do you do that? Sometimes I think of going back to Cakewalk when I get frustrated. Thanks anyway Mario.

Use the piano roll view, left click and drag around the notes you want deleted, then press delete.
Posted By: ve2cjw Re: Deleting MIDI events in a track. - 07/23/22 10:57 PM
Thanks Vintage. I had finally found what you just explained. It took time but I got it.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Deleting MIDI events in a track. - 07/23/22 11:01 PM
Originally Posted By: ve2cjw
Thanks Vintage. I had finally found what you just explained. It took time but I got it.

I'm glad that I could help!
© PG Music Forums