PG Music Home
Posted By: JTSkalon can"t select a style [Resolved] - 07/25/22 01:44 PM
I enter chords go to the select style section, find a style I like. When I go to choose it "OK" is not highlighted, EVER! I can not select or change styles. This is a new install on Win 7, 8gb ram with REAPER.
Thanks for the help.

(is there a hard bound manual)

Thanks
Jack
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: can"t select a style - 07/25/22 02:22 PM
First, welcome to the forum. Take heart, we'll get it working.

I'm making an assumption this is the first time you are using the program, so I'll make a guess. We may need to work this through with more detail.

The first thing to check is, did you Rebuild the styles? In that same window where you tried to select the style, there is a button near the bottom that says Rebuild. Do that, select Fast, and give it up to a minute to finish. Then see if your style loads.

If not, please give us some detail about your system. Mac or PC? Which version of BIAB and what build (see this in Help, About).

And, we are only fellow users here on the forum. You can call or do a live chat with PG Music staffers by following the Support tab on the top of your browser.

About the manual, you probably found out that the Help menu has the program manual in PDF form and the Index can help you search it. I know on occasion there have been printed manuals offered, and someone else may have info on that. I can say that in almost 30 years, I have rarely needed the printed manual since the PDF version became available, but I do realize some folks prefer the hardbound version.

Posted By: JTSkalon Re: can"t select a style - 07/25/22 02:52 PM
Thank you so much Matt! I will do that and let you know what happens. You are right as far as me being knew to this set up with Reaper and BIB.
I am on my way out the door and will try your suggestion when I get back as well as list the info you asked about.
Jack
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: can"t select a style - 07/25/22 02:59 PM
Originally Posted By: JTSkalon
(is there a hard bound manual)

Not from PG Music, I think, but see this thread: How to get a printed manual
Posted By: JTSkalon Re: can"t select a style - 07/25/22 03:11 PM
I had a minute so I ran down to the studio. I can change styles in BIB stand alone. It's when I use the VST3 plugin in REAPER that I can't choose a style. I did do the rebuild.
I'll be back later and call support. frustrating.
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: can"t select a style - 07/25/22 03:34 PM
Please go to File | Preferences and go to the folder paths. Are these paths correct? If not, please click the "select" button for each to select the correct folders. Afterwards open the Style Picker and click the Rebuild button again.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: can"t select a style - 07/25/22 04:20 PM
Jack, I want to be sure this point is clear: You are using the BIAB Plug-in, correct? And the problem you describe occurs using this plugin in Reaper?

This point is important because many of us do not use the plug-in and there is a different forum where you might get better success.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=117&page=1
Posted By: JTSkalon Re: can"t select a style - 07/25/22 08:23 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. I am using the plugin for my DAW. for some reason after rebuilding the styles 4 times, both fast and the long way, the selection function now works.
Go figure. I appreciate the help and hope that as I learn, I am able to help out. you guys are the best!
Jack
Posted By: Chantelle - PG Music Re: can"t select a style - 07/26/22 10:06 AM
Glad to hear you have it working! If you ark this thread as "Resolved" it can help others who are browsing through the forum.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: can"t select a style - 07/26/22 11:23 AM
To Mark a thread as resolved, look in your first post for the button.
© PG Music Forums