PG Music Home
Posted By: al wiegel Pick-up Notes [Resolved] - 08/02/22 12:59 PM
Newbie here. This question has prob been asked and answered many times and if it has, please direct me in the right direction. I am in the chord entry sheet, tune I play is 3/4 time, 32 bars long but it has a three note pick-up lead-in (1x8th note followed by 2x16th notes) that I play then into first note in bar #1. How do I enter a lead-in or intro so that it prods me to play the three note pick-up? I realize that there is counting required, just not sure how to do various types of entries. Using BIAB 2022 Pro version. Thank you in advance.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Pick-up Notes - 08/02/22 02:03 PM
Hi Al,

I would enter the pickup notes in Notation Editor.

The video below is using BIAB 2013 to show how to enter notation. Today's version looks a little different but the note-entry process is still identical.

There are two views for recent BIAB and both can be accessed by using CTRL+T as a toggle to switch between views. If you go to the standard view, the location of the Notation Editor buttons is still in the same position today.

Hope this helps,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Pick-up Notes - 08/02/22 02:06 PM
BIAB gives you an intro measure. If you go into the Editable Notation Mode, you will be able to enter your pickup notes before Measure #1.

You can choose the length of a drum count-in, and/or set a visual count-in, in Options, Preferences, Count-in/Metronome.

Posted By: al wiegel Re: Pick-up Notes - 08/02/22 10:17 PM
Thanks for the replies. I entered the notes in the notation sheet then addd a four bar intro and works like a charm. Lots to learn.
© PG Music Forums