PG Music Home
Posted By: astrigal Set a realtrack as a favorite? - 08/07/22 10:50 PM
I see one can set a style to be a 'favorite' to make it easier to find with the filters, but I don't see a way to do this with realtracks. How does one form a list of their favorite real tracks so they are easy to find in all the various dialogs? Thanks.
Posted By: rharv Re: Set a realtrack as a favorite? - 08/08/22 08:49 AM
I think they may actually just be recently used realtracks and not actually favorited.
I could be wrong.
In the main RealTracks Picker window, select a RealTrack in the list, then click the FAVs button at the top.

Attached picture rt_favs.png
Posted By: rharv Re: Set a realtrack as a favorite? - 08/08/22 06:01 PM
Learn something new every day!
Thanks
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Set a realtrack as a favorite? - 08/09/22 10:17 AM
OOhhhooo! Thanks Chantelle! Did not know that!

Jeff
Happy to help! smile
Posted By: astrigal Re: Set a realtrack as a favorite? - 08/12/22 03:10 PM
Chantelle;

I can see from doing what you suggest that I can pick tracks already favorited, but I don't see how to add new tracks to this list, or delete tracks from the list?
Thanks.
To add tracks to the favourites list, select it in the main RealTracks Picker window. Then click on the FAVs button and that selected RealTrack gets added.

There currently isn't a remove button for this FAVs list, but I can put in a request for it. If you go to Options | Return to Factory settings then it will erase the whole favourites list, but of course that will also reset your other settings.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Set a realtrack as a favorite? - 08/12/22 04:53 PM
According to the onscreen hint, it only shows you a list of recently selected RealTracks.
It doesn't appear to allow the user to add or modify that list.

Attached picture 2022-08-13_5-49-15.jpg
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Set a realtrack as a favorite? - 08/12/22 05:13 PM
I explored the Windows Registry for this many years ago and found what I think is this list. It was one of the few things stored in the registry, but it was a list of the last accessed RealTracks rather than 'favorites'.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Set a realtrack as a favorite? - 08/12/22 05:18 PM
Good tip about the Registry, Matt. I had checked multiple disk files for where this is stored with no success. I was hoping to provide the O/P with a place to be able to add/modify the list.
Posted By: rharv Re: Set a realtrack as a favorite? - 08/12/22 05:32 PM
Please don't suggest tinkering in the Registry without some qualification, or at least a 'proceed at your own risk' type disclaimer.
You can turn a machine into a paperweight real easy in there.

I had the same experience with the Favorites previously, which is why I said up thread -
"I think they may actually just be recently used Realtracks and not actually favorited.
I could be wrong."
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Set a realtrack as a favorite? - 08/12/22 05:44 PM
Good advice, Rharv. I would definitely not suggest that users make changes this way.

But actually, just out of curiosity, I've since searched the entire registry and could not find any occurrence, so I don't think it's stored this way now.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Set a realtrack as a favorite? - 08/12/22 05:55 PM
Originally Posted By: rharv
I had the same experience with the Favorites previously, which is why I said up thread -
"I think they may actually just be recently used Realtracks and not actually favorited.
I could be wrong."

I suggest you are exactly right. Not your fault this time wink
© PG Music Forums