PG Music Home
Hi,

I want to plug my MIDI keyboard (Kawai VPC-1) and play a plugin (Pianoteq 7)!

I do that easily with cubase (using it more than 20 years now) or Ableton or whatever but with BIAB nothing is instinctive (using it about more ten years but still don't understand it totally (very far of that to tell the true)).

I’ve search but I found nothing clearly explaining the process.

Here :
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=414466

It’s recommended to select the thru Chanel. But I can’t. When I clic nothing happens and the thru Chanel is still not selected.

There : https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=422340

« First make sure you have the keyboard set as a midi input in BiAB midi settings »

Where?

So after severals searchs I tried to clic "by hazard" where it's look like, may be, near to the feature I search and arrive to add thru in the mixer and add pianoteq as plugin. When I play my keyboard there is a little green bar that is activated but still no sound. I still can't sellect the thru button on the top.

Is there anywhere a tutorial to do so. Something direct not explaining what MIDI is or whatever. Just where to clic.

best regard

That is a good question. I spent a long time (years...) and then one day I noticed it was working even when I did noting to try to make it work. I can only imagine I stumbled upon the right setting. Now my keyboard plays thru when I simply open BIAB.

Now let me try to put Pianoteq 7 on the thru channel??? Painoteq 7 is a VST3 so I can't load this in BIAB Plugins? Not sure how you got it to appear in the list.
The pianoteq manual says
"2.5. Using the VST/VST3/AU/AAX plug-in
Pianoteq can be loaded by any VST, VST3, Audio Units or AAX host. You will need to specify, inside the host, your MIDI device and the driver you are using."

So perhaps I have to re-install and select VST instead of VST3??? Is that what you did?
Oh and by the way, I do understand you are on a Mac and I'm on a PC, but where is some good Mac help when you need it.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Pianoteq ok as VST plugin and works perfectly on Thru track :

Attached File
Pianoteq Thru.png  (15 downloads)
OK, so I go to reinstall Pianoteq 7, and find it has no VST version. So I assume it will not run in BAIB because BIAB will only load VST. What you show above is Pianoteq 6, maybe that had a VST. So I am dead in the water unless someone clarify this for us all. thanks

A forum search appears to confirm No VST3. But does appear to suggest VST2 are functional. Is that what I need to install?
Dan,

VST2 plugins are normally labeled as VST while VST3 plugins are labeled as VST3.
Thanks Jim, hard to keep track of all this stuff. I will reinstall Pianoteq to get the VST2 (or VST however it comes) and see if that is the fix.
Bingo... Works as advertized.

Et voila !
So now we just wait and see if any of this helped Empress Sissi crazy
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
A forum search appears to confirm No VST3. But does appear to suggest VST2 are functional. Is that what I need to install?

I've only just come here, but I have PianoTeq STAGE 6 and 7 installed on my notepad and I find .dll files for both in /Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins.
I believe .dll indicates VST2.
Originally Posted By: Gordon Scott
[quote=MusicStudent]I believe .dll indicates VST2.

Yes, confirmed? I don't install the VST2 by my default, but in this case it was necessary.
Glad it work for you.

For my concern I still have the issue.

A new picture :

As said The MIDI come well in BIAB
and Pianoteq is correctly selectionned(I tried some other VST and have the same problem)

Now I have to say to BIAB that the MIDI coming in the thru chanel have to play the sound selected in the thru chanel.

I don't know why I have to explain him that but he seam to not understand himself. I miss something certainly.

(Forum bug)
OK I got it

I was confused by the word "In" and the word "Out " missing

As you can see there is the word "In" on the top but they forgot the word "Out" for the part below. Now I understand better the thought of this freaky stuff mad but At first time no. If I don't see the word "Out" I don't think it's "Out".

Now I set it correctly and it's working.

Yeeeepeeeee laugh
très bien

Now go back to your first post and hit the "Resolved" button to indicate one more satisfied customer. grin grin

Dan
© PG Music Forums