PG Music Home
Posted By: wwhite3 I hate asking basic questions... - 12/10/22 10:32 PM
but it's been many years since I used BB

I'm up and running and understand the interface again etc

Last time I sued this was over 10 years ago. At the time though I know I wrote a chord pattern, picked a style, told BB to have it go through 3 times and end.

The second time through it changed the beat a bit and played a solo. (Same tempo, just a bit more intensity on the drums etc) I think I somehow told it to use a guitar. (I still have the mp3 from that song I created)

Then the 3rd time it went back to the first manner of playing. But the "lead" it generate (piano) was not the same as the first.

Then a two bar end.

I can't see how to tell it to put a different instrument and feel in the repeat o the second chorus.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: I hate asking basic questions... - 12/11/22 01:14 AM
Originally Posted By: wwhite3
I can't see how to tell it to put a different instrument and feel in the repeat o the second chorus.

I think what you are referring to is 'vary style in middle chorus'. Right click on the chord sheet, select Song Settings, then select the options you require:

Attached picture 2022-12-11_15-11-54.jpg
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: I hate asking basic questions... - 12/11/22 06:55 AM
Reference the subject line, I've always figured that if I didn't understand something, there was a pretty good chance that I wasn't alone, so the basic/dumb/silly question was worth asking.

Only very rarely have I felt embarrassed after asking.

Another factor in places like these fora is that PGM and others should be taking some note of how often such a question gets asked. If it's quite often, then something probably wants clarifying. I'm pretty sure that some of the videos arise that way.
Posted By: wwhite3 Re: I hate asking basic questions... - 12/11/22 08:46 PM
Thanks for both replies - I did figure out the "vary style" in middle chorus"

I also (accidently) found the solution for the solo - check boxes for having the solo in the middle chorus and suppressing the melody.

I'll figure it out later but I hope there is an option besides "chorus - solo - chorus. I can experiment but I wonder if you can have chorus - chorus - solo - chorus (not "middle) or other variations.

Most likely - I'm still experimenting.

Thanks again
Posted By: DrDan Re: I hate asking basic questions... - 12/11/22 11:58 PM
Originally Posted By: wwhite3

I'll figure it out later but I hope there is an option besides "chorus - solo - chorus. I can experiment but I wonder if you can have chorus - chorus - solo - chorus (not "middle) or other variations.

Of course, look for "expand" the arrangement.
Posted By: wwhite3 Re: I hate asking basic questions... - 12/12/22 10:21 PM
I did manage to see where this was - in the soloist section it says first, second, third chorus and whether to solo there or not.

Now I'll try expanding thh arrangement as you suggest

Thanks much!
Posted By: wwhite3 Re: I hate asking basic questions... - 12/12/22 10:28 PM
OK - one more question

How do I get back to the soloist track I have? When I click "soloist" and generate a soloist track it essentially acts like I don't already have one.

If I click "edit solist track" none of those options bring back the dialog box I had
© PG Music Forums