PG Music Home
Hello
Somehow I can't get it to create a style from a MIDI file that I can edit afterwards in the pattern editor.
I have imported a single bar from a MIDI file with the StyleWizard. Tracks: Bass, Drums, Guitar, Piano.
I understand that now a 1-bar pattern is created for all tracks. When I open the stylemaker editor, I also see these patterns. Now I want to go into the drum pattern and edit the drums. Unfortunately I get the message that this is only possible in the Notation Editor. When I open it, I don't see the pattern, but the drum notes for the whole song with chords. But I only want to edit the original pattern and e.g. move the snare. This should then be applied to all bars in the song. How can I edit the original pattern?

Hi Genos.

If you have a look at the images below, hopefully they will help. The "Notation editor" in Stylemaker that's referred to is found by following #1 to #6 on the images.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture Stylemaker - editing drums 2023.JPG
Attached picture Stylemaker - editing drums 2023 (2).JPG
Also, the buttons I've marked #1 and #2 on the below image can be used to expand the view and make it easier to see which drum aligns with what line/space on the music staves.

Attached picture Stylemaker - editing drums-sml 2023 (3).jpg
Yes, thank you.
I was just surprised that I can't use the drum grid editor and that the notation editor shows all the chords and other bars that don't belong to the pattern but to the song.
© PG Music Forums