PG Music Home
Hey Gang,

I'm a very skilled drummer, vocalist, and pretty darn good arranger, but I occasionally need some skilled guitarists, and keyboard players. I create original arrangements of old covers (60's, 70's, 80's), but as I said, I occasionally need help on mostly guitar and keyboard parts. I'm hoping I can do some creative bartering with some of the talented codgers that appreciate those former golden decades. You know, I create a tasty drum part, and you create a nice guitar part, or maybe it's just a fill, or a subtle groove. Let me know if you're interested.
Thanks,
KC
Hi, KC.

This is a rather broad request, as it's not clear what sort of style you're asking for.

I suspect it would be better if you had a song, and then reached out to someone on the forum who's playing sounds like it might match, and then send them a message.
Hey DCuny. I was really just using this post to kind of make a general intro, and future invitation. As the old joke goes, "I play BOTH kinds of music. Country AND Western." I have a pretty large swath of influences. But as my original post said, I usually just need a good guitarist, and/or kybds. If you let me know what you're good at I'll keep you in mind.
Thanks,
KC
I don't know if there are any Old Codgers here in the forum, I thought most users are in their 20-30's ?
Well, I wasn't necessarily excluding the younger crowd. I was just qualifying myself, although, I'm kind of assuming that the older crowd might relate better, or easier.
LOL I think you will have no problem finding the older crowd here, they are just young at heart.
Originally Posted by musocity
I don't know if there are any Old Codgers here in the forum, I thought most users are in their 20-30's ?

Me thinking that I am 20-30 years old gets this 77years old's body injured! Note that I wont be 77 for long.

PS - King Conga I may be available for a collaboration; I play guitar, bass, and wind controllers.
Hmm! Wind Controller, hey? That could be quite interesting. As a "student" of big band, and early jazz rock I LOVE writing killer horn parts that set up for serious drum fill kicks. i.e. Tower of Power, BS&T, and Chicago. What kinds of genre & styles are you really fluent at on guitar. I've got a pretty decent guitar strummer app, but I could sure use some warm fills every now and then.
Well.... I'm game. I like old music and doing covers isn't something I normally seek out but I've been known to knock out a few. I can't post them here due to the forum rules for cover tunes.

You're in Cary NC. That's commonly referred to as the Containment Area for Relocated Yankees....

I'm just down the road an hour maybe. Middlesex. The other side of Raleigh. There's a few more people here who are locals as well. PM me and I will send you a link to some of my cover stuff.

I play guitar if you couldn't guess from my forum name. Also bass, and mandolin and some keys as well.
Seeing as you're in the area, and have some butter on your fingahs, I'm in need of a kind of Steve Lukather/Chris Cross kind of lead. I've got a great cover of Witchita Lineman that the ending has a kind of vamp like Christopher Cross did in "Ride Like the Wind". I was trying to give 1 of my old friends from Nashville, NC a wack at it, but he's got so much on his plate he can't get to it. If that's your style, you're welcome to take a wack at it. But I'm pretty adamant about the style. Let me know if you're interested.
I am a spoiled rotten, insanely arrogant musical genius who hates old codger music and is impossible to get along with. I will refuse to do anything that you say and demand that you adapt to my preferences because I always come first in any project I take part in. It is because I don't really like other people and don't think they deserve to be in the same room as me. I charge $5,000 a note and expect to be paid in advance.

However, on the bright side, I can play anything.

Feel free to reach out if you are interested.
© PG Music Forums