PG Music Home
Posted By: jazzbow MultiTracks CD - 04/03/17 10:34 AM
Can I use a drum track from a PG MultiTracks CD in one of my original songs?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: MultiTracks CD - 04/03/17 10:49 AM
jazzbow,

Welcome to the forum.

You asked this question in the Shout Box earlier today. Here's the answer I gave there...

Quote:
jazzbow... these are user forums and, as such, we don't have authority to say yes or no. The track would definitely be copyrighted. You need to email sales@pgmusic.com to ask for permission.

The bottom line is that you need to contact PG Music by email and ask. The matter cannot be resolved in the forums.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: MultiTracks CD - 04/03/17 11:27 AM
I can answer this because I asked the same question about 6 months ago....NO, you can not use it for any type of distribution. The CD tracks are for practice only.
Posted By: jford Re: MultiTracks CD - 04/03/17 03:53 PM
Those tracks were provided to play with and to learn from and as such are copyrighted and distributed for use under those conditions only.

But (assuming you are using PowerTracks, since that's where you get the MultiTracks), PowerTracks supports Realdrums. Why not just generate your own?
Posted By: methodman Re: MultiTracks CD - 04/11/17 02:38 PM
That's what they are made for. I orchestrate music by taking Styles from Biab turning them into midi and copying them into Cakewalk Sonar. Biab is a Historical program. It conveys a tremendous amount of musical knowledge and many times I will change the drum track to a midi drum-track and substitute in Komplete drums or Session but midi drums and it is amazing just by changing the drum set and tempo how the same song peaks different moods. Then I will analyze what the motion suggests by using a book Tarthang Talku Time Space and Knowledge to help me clarify what I am witnessing. Realtracks sound good but you are working with an expected sound. Which is the opposite of what I am trying to do.
© PG Music Forums