PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David Having Fun With Our Music - 08/27/17 05:05 AM
I'm not sure where the appropriate place is to post this ... or even if there is one. Most of you who are active on the User Showcase forum are aware of Di's quickly failing health. She hardly ever sings anymore because she is too weak.

Here are a couple of videos of Di and me having a great time with a little online karaoke. This was before she became so ill. She's now a faint shadow of what you see here. But, these were some great times for us. We did this a couple of nights a week ... not always on cam, but at least singing and having fun.

I hope you don't mind me posting this bit of recent nostalgia ... it's such a sweet reminder of when Di was relatively healthy. Now, she can barely walk from the bedroom to the kitchen. Sometimes it makes me just cry ... but these videos always cheer me up. Thanks for indulging me.

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b16906ec2

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/b79027962

And here's one with Di doing some marvelous vocals - to have a voice like that!

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/c2a97181a

Don'tcha think she looks pretty danged good for 65 years old at the time??!! I was only 64 ... what a cougar she is! And I know this isn't original music created on BIAB, but they're special to me. I'll pull this down if anyone objects.

Alan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 08/27/17 08:19 AM
Yes, good looking indeed and also a great voice. Sense of humor too: "finally came out of the liquor closet huh?" smile
I enjoyed watching. All the best to you two!
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 08/27/17 09:53 AM
Great memories there. You two realy have fun together. Im sorry to hear she's not doing so well. Hopefully you can still make some more great memories together. Don't forget to love and cherish each other every single day. Best wishes.
Posted By: lambada Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 08/28/17 01:19 AM
Dear Alan, Di has a beautiful voice. I'm very sad to hear her health has been declining. It must be very hard for you to watch. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 08/28/17 06:26 PM
Thanks, Dave! I definitely married above my station! Appreciate the kind words,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 08/28/17 06:30 PM
Samuel,

Thanks a bunch! We hope to do a few more. All total, we have about 125 videos and about a third of them are us being silly. She's a terrific lady with more health issues than al;most any 10 people you can find, combined. Appreciate the nice words!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 08/28/17 06:32 PM
lambada,

Thanks so much! I'm biased but I believe she has a wonderful voice. And you are correct - it's very difficult to watch her health decline so quickly and so severely. We aqppreciatre the kind words and prayers very much. Best to you,

ALan
Posted By: Biglad Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 08/28/17 07:12 PM
Thank you for sharing this ladys beautiful voice with us.no wonder your a proud man the voice of an angel. So sad to hear about her health hope she can rcover,God Bless you both x
Posted By: Al-David Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 08/28/17 11:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Biglad
Thank you for sharing this ladys beautiful voice with us.no wonder your a proud man the voice of an angel. So sad to hear about her health hope she can rcover,God Bless you both x

Thank you very much for your kindness. We appreciate that so much. Although I'm a biased husband, I agree she has the voice of an angel. I think there's a vacant seat waiting for her in the Eternal CHoir. God Bless.

Alan & Di
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 08/29/17 09:13 AM
Great memories to hold on to in the future.
Posted By: Matcham Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 09/01/17 09:32 PM
I'm very sad to hear that Di's health is declining. You two are so supportive of users here and hey you both have a great sense of humour too. Di's singing is effortless and superb. You both have easy voices to listen to.
Posted By: dcuny Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 09/02/17 04:13 AM
So sad to hear that Di is continuing to do poorly.

But watching the videos put a huge grin on my face. Thanks for posting them!
Posted By: 44kfl Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 09/02/17 06:08 PM
Alan, this is awesome, Di is dynamite!

love her sense of humor,

what a fantastic voice, and you harmonize very well too,

Hope that she gets to feeling' better

Kenny
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 09/03/17 02:37 PM
You guys give off such a glow in these! You are both so talented, thanks for sharing this with us!

Sorry to hear Di hasn't been doing the best - my thoughts are with you both smile
Posted By: Al-David Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 09/29/17 03:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Great memories to hold on to in the future.

Herb.

Yep. We have them in a folder on the puter and in a memory stick. Thanks for the kind words.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 09/29/17 03:51 PM
Originally Posted By: Matcham
I'm very sad to hear that Di's health is declining. You two are so supportive of users here and hey you both have a great sense of humour too. Di's singing is effortless and superb. You both have easy voices to listen to.

Hi! You are most kind with your comments. We truly appreciate those very nice and encouragung words. God bless,

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 09/29/17 03:53 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
So sad to hear that Di is continuing to do poorly.

But watching the videos put a huge grin on my face. Thanks for posting them!

\

HI David,

Glad you enjoyed them. We do have a lot of fun with our music. As I mentioned, her health precludes her from doing much singing these days. Thanks for the kind words!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 09/29/17 03:58 PM
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Alan, this is awesome, Di is dynamite!

love her sense of humor,

what a fantastic voice, and you harmonize very well too,

Hope that she gets to feeling' better

Kenny

Hey Kenny,

We both smiled big-time when we read your comments. And yes, Di is fantastic (pardon the biased opinion). Thanks for the well wishes for her.

You mentioned the harmony., Here's a link too what we think is our best harmony. I'm not a good harminy singer (lead singing, as much!). But this one just fell into place. Thanks again.

http://www.singsnap.com/karaoke/watchandlisten/play/ae5f6669a

Alan & Di
Posted By: Al-David Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 09/29/17 03:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
You guys give off such a glow in these! You are both so talented, thanks for sharing this with us!

Sorry to hear Di hasn't been doing the best - my thoughts are with you both smile

Hi Deryk,

Thanks for the props and the well-wishes for Di. best to all of you up in BC.

Alan & Di
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 09/30/17 08:50 AM

Deryk states my sentiments quite well. You and Di were at the top of my list of User Forum artists I watched for posts from the very beginning of my time here on the forum. I watched posts on the forum for 8-9 months before jumping in to comment and really enjoyed how finished your songs were and the professional quality of the writes and production.

Wishing the best for you and Di. Thanks for sharing these wonderful memories with us.

Charlie
Posted By: JoanneCooper Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 09/30/17 09:39 AM
Hi Alan. What wonderful memories right there. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 10/15/17 04:51 AM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Deryk states my sentiments quite well. You and Di were at the top of my list of User Forum artists I watched for posts from the very beginning of my time here on the forum. I watched posts on the forum for 8-9 months before jumping in to comment and really enjoyed how finished your songs were and the professional quality of the writes and production.

Wishing the best for you and Di. Thanks for sharing these wonderful memories with us.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Aw ... thanks so much. You put a smile on a couple of old faces! (Mine needs all the help oy can get!). You have no idea how much we appreciate those wonderful comments. Right now, Di needs all the encouragement she can get and this was a big boost for her. And we always enjoy hearing your posts, too. There's a lot of talent on these boards and you're always among our favorite listens.

Again, many thanks! Glad you enjoyed the videos.

Alan (Di, too!)
Posted By: Al-David Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 10/15/17 04:52 AM
Originally Posted By: JoanneCooper
Hi Alan. What wonderful memories right there. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hi Joanne.

Thank you very much! We appreciate your kind thoughts and we're delighted you enjoyed our little bhit of fun. Thanks again.

Alan & Di
Posted By: RnAM Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 01/30/18 05:31 PM
Hi Alan,

We must have missed this one (we've been kinda busy the last couple of months).
It's great to see you guys live in these 3 videos.
You're doing a fabulous Willie Nelson performance smile and we love Di's voice too!
We're very sorry to hear that she is getting worse.
Our sympathies are with you both.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Al-David Re: Having Fun With Our Music - 02/14/18 12:21 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Alan,

We must have missed this one (we've been kinda busy the last couple of months).
It's great to see you guys live in these 3 videos.
You're doing a fabulous Willie Nelson performance smile and we love Di's voice too!
We're very sorry to hear that she is getting worse.
Our sympathies are with you both.

Rob and Anne-Marie

Thanks Rob and Anne-Marie! We enjoyed those days very much. If DI's health ever gets better, we'll do so more of it.

As far as the Willie nelson impression, I did that quite a bit back when i was playing regularly in the band. It kind of comes naturally to me. Glad you enjoyed the videos - thanks for letting us know!

Alan & Di
© PG Music Forums