PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike The Story Behind 'Wonderwall' by Oasis - 03/05/18 07:26 PM
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/articles/features/the_story_behind_wonderwall_by_oasis-72731
This was a very interesting read! It's funny to me how many of these huge music acts hate their most popular songs. I remember reading something similar about how the members of Radiohead all despise "Creep" despite it being their breakthrough single that made them a household name.

Thanks for sharing smile
I actually knew that Oasis really disliked Wonderwall. It's probably the only Oasis song I listen to myself, and I've heard and read that every time they get a request for it that they groan because it's not really inline with their usual style and what they would typically write for a song. Not sure if that's entirely true or just hearsay, but it I can't imagine making a song that wasn't representative of your usual style or flavour, and perhaps was a bit more experimental, and it becomes a huge breakthrough.

On the flip side, at least Oasis had a breakthrough! And I will probably always like Wonderwall (I just really like how it's written). Hopefully Oasis' opinion of it will soften with time.
© PG Music Forums