PG Music Home
Posted By: LPman How I use Band-in-a-Box with Grid (1) - 05/03/18 08:45 PM

How I use Band-in-a-Box with Grid (1)

Hi all, LPman here...

I like playing the piano keyboard and recording the midi to my computer. I made a Yamaha Auto Accompaniment chord & scales cheat sheet using (10 Grids). I came to the conclusion that the task of remembering this cheat sheet was best... to be remembered; in a song format

So I played the chords and the scale; hoping it might make complex chords more palatable for Band in a box. The BIAB software notified me that 83% of my song was possibly too complex.

Well, it's just a test song pattern for me to remember "Grid 1" on my cheat sheet, so I can have a "Self Piano Reflex." The plan is to learn the Ten Grids; then to play these piano rudiments, which will probably be more compatible with BIAB. I am wishing to write better chord progression, while enjoying my music better...

The BIAB 2018 has a great video feature which shows musicians in front of you. The new cheat sheet is my "Tethered 2018" link below;

I don't want to put a narration on videos like this; until I have more experience working with this new cheat sheet. Thanks for reading this and watching my video... wish me luck!

How I use Band-in-a-Box with Grid (1)

Posted By: Rob4580 Re: How I use Band-in-a-Box with Grid (1) - 05/05/18 05:02 AM
Not sure what your saying LPMan but if smoke started coming out I'm sure its not good. Good work on the video. Rob smile
Posted By: LPman Re: How I use Band-in-a-Box with Grid (1) - 05/05/18 06:27 AM
Hi Rob4580,

I am attempting to rewrite music theory; via a piano cheat-sheet which will make complex piano chord progression more compatible with BIAB. Recording my piano playing by a midi file, using this new piano cheat sheet...

This is my somewhat insane goal
Thanks for the comment & subscribing to my channel
Wow - this is some in-depth stuff and a really abstract take on things. Can't say I 100% grasp it, haha. Keep plugging along!
Posted By: LPman Re: How I use Band-in-a-Box with Grid (1) - 05/17/18 11:47 AM
Hi Deryk - PG Music
Yeah, it started with trying to map my Yamaha accompaniment. The chords and scales coordinates became headers for 10 grids. You learn the grids, making crappy song patterns with them. Learning a cluster of chords that work with the assigned grid scale. The user showcase song; "Wrong Planet" was the first time I put "Self Piano Reflex" grids into practice.

The idea is to by-pass the spelling of chords & scales and focus on the spaces between notes, while seeing grid coordinates; and develop a self piano reflex.

Learning to play a midi-out file on the keyboard; to import the midi file into Band-in-a-box is a priority. Hoping self piano reflex is the answer... to make better, and more efficient midi files that work for BIAB; with more compatibility... and better BIAB results.

Posted By: LPman Re: How I use Band-in-a-Box with Grid (1) - 06/06/18 05:14 AM
Hi all,
I been looking at the song a "hard days night" by the Beatles. Looked at the Tabs chords and listened to the available midi's. It's just not for me... So as I did correlate the song and updated my cheat sheet link in the Youtube video description.
© PG Music Forums