PG Music Home

Hi all,
just a small update on my "Self Piano Reflex" project.
All the chord & Bass mapping are on the: 10 Grids Yamaha v1-13.pdf

I disassembled Hard Days Night, kept the first verses, but changed the melody and looped it 200 bars.
I wanted to play and modulate a new progression of keys and melodies over these 200 bars, while listening to this looping mp3 below:

Hard Days Night 1st verse loop New Melody.mp3

So, now I have the piano playing for 200 bars. The great thing about BIAB
is I can delete any bars, in my 200 bar song. The piano midi is automatically edited.

Which I did; reducing the song to 114 bars.
There are enough Verses, Choruses, Bridges here to build / form a regular song.
This is more like a library/song

HDN-Adlib Progression 114bars.MGX

Thought this would be cool for an open ended collaboration. I needed to know if imposing other progressions on continuously looping verse, was viable.

I have an obsession with mapping chord progressions with my piano keyboard. It's truely my number 1 disease of my life... At this stage I have mapped a dominant 1-4-5 progression on this mp3 file below.

Hard Days Night 1st verse loop New Melody.mp3

So while I am listening to this song progression on an endless loop. I am improvising new progressions that over powers the looping 1-4-5 progression mp3 file that I am listening to.

By mapping out what goes with, and what complimentary chord progressions override my looping mp3 track, I can attain choruses, bridges, and other verses from other keys.

I need to be able sing & play new ideas, while listening to this looping track. I can play out of key chord sequences, that rival the looping track. Giving the illusion of a real recorded song. Once the looping track is erased, your are left with a real song.

How to explain this tethered method, borders as fractile music theory. The mapping is 10 scales with complimentary chords, which I labeled as grids.
The project is new, and will be posted on a YouTube channel called " self piano reflex "

It is the deluxe insanity of my life!

I will probably continue editing the

"HDN-Adlib Progression 114bars.MGX"

until it becomes a regular song:

#note; piano1 and solo guitarist should be muted
© PG Music Forums