PG Music Home
Posted By: Words Reference Song - 02/02/19 08:31 PM
Hello All

I am a songwriter i am in search of artist to record my songs. Most of the artist i come across in my opionion is a waste of my time one minute they want to pursue music the next they not sure.

Well anyway i have several reference songs recorded and i thought to post them on my social media page to promote my writing Do you thik artist will want to use my songs even though its been heard by my followers on social media?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Reference Song - 02/02/19 09:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that if your song really catches hold of someone's imagination, they will want to use them.

Social media pages are a good way of getting exposure.

Posted By: Words Re: Reference Song - 02/02/19 10:36 PM
Thank you
I needed someone else opinion on what i wanted to do.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Reference Song - 02/02/19 11:24 PM
Just make sure that you have copyrighted your songs. That way no one can steal them.
Posted By: Words Re: Reference Song - 02/03/19 04:31 AM
Thank you guys for the replies.It seems like the traditional music industry rules are the thing of the pass especially with streaming.
But I notice some songwriters charge a fee for their songs and still keep copyright and publishing. Is this a no no or is it acceptable in this day and age?
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Reference Song - 02/03/19 05:22 PM
Originally Posted By: Words
Hello All

I am a songwriter i am in search of artist to record my songs. Most of the artist i come across in my opionion is a waste of my time one minute they want to pursue music the next they not sure.

Well anyway i have several reference songs recorded and i thought to post them on my social media page to promote my writing Do you thik artist will want to use my songs even though its been heard by my followers on social media?

Welcome. Are you using Band in a Box in your recording process?

Songwriting, artists, and the brass ring. It sounds like most of the artists you know are not actually artists. Musical artists are driven with a passion for the music.

So the question is... can you post songs and still plug them. Yep. A great song is a great song and it doesn't matter who recorded it before or who's heard it. If the artist likes it, none of that matters. they can and will record it. Just look at the list of big names who covered songs done already by someone else.

Copyright? Unless you are writing killer songs, and likely have a few hits, no one is out there looking to steal your songs. If you've ever tried to get them to the hands of a nashville or LA based artist, you know exactly what I'm talking about when I say they don't even want to listen to your song let alone steal it.
© PG Music Forums