PG Music Home
Posted By: Tangmo Is it ok to seek a collaborator here? HORNS! - 04/23/19 03:10 AM
I don't think I've seen much of that publicly discussed, though there are obviously plenty of collaborations making it to the Showcase.

I've got a song pretty much "written", and as soon as I can get used to singing into a microphone again, I think I'll be able to cut it. But I want to put my producer hat on and ask for a little live playing help.
I don't know who to ask "privately" except for guitar-slingers, and that's not what I "hear" for this piece.

Details will follow if I'm not breaking some unwritten or written rule.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Is it ok to seek a collaborator here? - 04/23/19 05:04 AM
Tangmo,

As I see it, this seems like a perfect forum for asking about collaborations.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: Is it ok to seek a collaborator here? - 04/23/19 10:02 AM
Tangmo,

Feel free to ask for collaborations either here on the forums or on a PM. That is how all of the collaborations that you hear are started.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Is it ok to seek a collaborator here? - 04/23/19 02:05 PM
When I learn who the players are, I'll try to ask privately.

But here goes for now. The song is a sort of "southern soul" piece in a major key at mid-tempo (final key and tempo yet to be determined). The style is even 16, but it swings a little from pushes.

I spent hours rehearsing soloist real tracks. Nothing too "bluesy" works for me, but it may just be the tracks. Blue notes will likely work here and there. Lord knows I'll be singing some.

My producer ear hears a horn or horns. Trumpet? Sax? Trombone? That fits the genre and goes along with one horn I did find--a Tuba that works (as the song has a bit of a sense of humor without being jokey) but can either stay or go.

I haven't completely worked out the structure, but as present it'd be 9 bars minimum (plus ramping in and/or vamping out as the spirit moves). The progression is pretty strong and there is only one chord that stretches the "key" a hair. I'd love to hear a collaborator's ideas on anything related to the song, but my first focus in any discussion is on serving this lyric. I'll finish structure as soon as I know there will or will not be an answer to this thread.

I'm perfectly fine with midi or keyboard horns if the sound is good and the play believable. I give collaborators wide discretion as long as they don't do what I specifically ask for them not to do. I've been well blessed by that philosophy. I also prefer to work with someone who acts quickly once the decision is made. I'm going as fast as I reasonably can too...always.

Hit me up publicly or privately.
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Is it ok to seek a collaborator here? - 04/27/19 03:54 PM
Opportunity is closed. Thanks for any consideration that may have been given.
© PG Music Forums