PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike dave barry WORST SONGS - 06/15/19 03:58 PM
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~gasarch/HUMOR/worstsongs.html

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1992-11-22-9204170047-story.html
if your song didn't make the list feel free to share it
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: dave barry WORST SONGS - 08/03/19 02:10 AM
i recall reading this when it came out. It's hard to believe the same guy who wrote MacArthur Park also wrote Wichita Lineman.

My worst song is Rock and Roll Heaven by The Righteous Brothers. It's got lines like "Remember Bad Bad Leroy Brown, yeah Jimmy touched us with that song."
Posted By: MarioD Re: dave barry WORST SONGS - 08/03/19 10:48 AM
I remember reading that also; I was a big Dave Barry fan. That was written in 1993. I'll bet that his whole column would be completely different today with today's country and rap.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: dave barry WORST SONGS - 08/03/19 07:24 PM
I love that it appears to be posted under the 'humor' section, and I think that list is definitely done for the sake of comedy. Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Joe -PG Music Re: dave barry WORST SONGS - 08/09/19 09:51 PM
Awesome find! Amazing to think how many hours went into this. Thansk for sharing!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: dave barry WORST SONGS - 08/10/19 12:53 PM
Although I happen to agree that many of the songs in this list are at least "somewhat strange" for their choice of lyrics or overall theme... it's worth mentioning that they all got air play because they were different enough to get noticed. Note taken.

One of the articles added "virtually every song published after 1972" to the list of worst songs ever. Most of my favorite songs were released after 1972. Generational music bias is a cultural truism ("You call this crap MUSIC? Back in MY day, the music was better! )

Anyway, the recurring topic of what's good and what's bad musically will never be resolved with a general agreement. You have to pick a path and run with it whole-heartedly and then let the chips fall where they may. Some people have made a good living by writing sappy songs. Some have done well with a voice that clearly needs pitch correction, but never got it.
© PG Music Forums