PG Music Home
Posted By: Roger Brown Songtrust - 07/19/19 09:13 AM
Songtrust

I thought this may be of interest to some. I met with one of the founders, Justin Kalifowitz, a month or so ago and came away very impressed. As with most things, the devil is in the details, but I would encourage anyone who is interested to read their FAQ section and/or email them for more information.

TL:DR version is, what they do is collect your money for you...streaming, youtube, live performance, etc. From what I see they're very effective and thorough.

*disclaimer* I have absolutely nothing to do w this company, and am not encouraging or soliciting on their behalf. I was part of a group of NSAI board members who met with them on MMA/MLC-related business. I did think there might be some value in reaching to them for some of you who stream a lot of your own material.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Songtrust - 07/19/19 03:15 PM
Roger,

Welcome to Band-in-a-Box and to the forum. Another forum member, David Snyder, is also a member of the songwriter's association.

I've enjoyed listening to your music on Reverbnation and reading your posts.
Posted By: Roger Brown Re: Songtrust - 07/19/19 04:45 PM
Thanks Jim,

Been using BIAB for a little over a year now, recently discovered the forums and thought I'd chime in when I felt like I could contribute something of value.

I've been on the NSAI board of directors for about a decade and a half, and it's been a very gratifying experience. I serve as an officer (co-legislative chair) and it affords me the great opportunity to directly impact issues at the federal gov. level that determine how songwriters get paid.

Appreciate the kind words, and look forward to getting to know everyone better.

Roger
Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: Songtrust - 07/19/19 06:03 PM
Originally Posted By: R Brown
Appreciate the kind words, and look forward to getting to know everyone better. Roger

Welcome to the asylum.....'B' ward smile

I'm still a neophyte BIAB user even though I've had it about 4 years.
Without it....I'd still have about 6 songs unfinished in a lonely folder on my hard drive.
I can say now they were finished up to my satisfaction.

I've never joined NSAI or any similar song writing organization.
Besides, I have no illusions that my songs would be remotely appealing to the masses.
It's just a personal, decades old creative therapy for this old bird.

Carry on....
© PG Music Forums