PG Music Home
Many of us here do this challenge each year to hone our songwriting chops and participate in a global creative community all focused on songwriting. You’ll find all types of songwriters here and so much inspiration and encouragement to practice your craft.

www.fawm.org
I joined FAWM last year and I can recommend it as well. You get to listen to a lot of music/songs/ideas in many different genres and you will meet a lot of new and very friendly people/artists from around the world. It is a month of fun and inspiration.

Will
Im in.. I hope I am going to have some time as I have started a new contract recently and it is 8 to 5.....tough to find the time I once had for my song-writing
They closed the site today...
I guess to clear out last year's work...
I hope all had their material archived...

They should be open again shortly.

There seems to be songwriters here that can produce a lot of material...
FAWM is another place to display your talents...
If you can write 25 songs a day...
You can upload them all.
But the 8 I managed to write last year will be fine too... there is no rule saying that you have to write 14... it is just about getting inspired and write as many as you feel like doing... taking time to listen and commenting on other peoples songs are important and inspiring too.

Will
A few years ago, one of my songs supposedly brought one of FAWM's more infamous metal-heads to tears. It was an instrumental that I improvised live, restricting myself to playing just two notes at a time, whilst using very long delay to see what might come about. It was my favorite song from that year. I worked on it afterwards with the idea of shilling to music licensing companies. I tried one that is actually run here in Colorado Springs. I never made a penny on it. But sometimes, late at night, if my brain won't turn off, I will listen to it and it just releases tension and gets me sleepy.

I ran across NASA's sound archive around the same time. There are samples from that archive that are interspersed in the song. If you need some sleep, this may help.

I named it after listening to a podcast about Taps, which was originally called 'Extinguish Lights'; a nightly call to turn the lights out in military camps. The thought of the call to sleep in an old military camp would not leave my brain. The idea of astronauts orbiting the earth and seeing the sun disappear off the edge of the earth also was in my head.

So, rather than let this just sit on the hard-drive, I posted it to my Soundcloud account. Sleep well.

https://soundcloud.com/rockstar_not/scott-lake-extinguish-lights
Thanks for the heads up on this. I've registered and will give it a go.
Bump
It’s on! Have my first one in the bag. With lyrics from Donna Devine. Will
be polished after fawm
Rockstar_not, I love this track. Something special about it. Nasa is the icing on the cake. Makes me think of an astronaut floating helplessly into space.
© PG Music Forums