PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike What Makes rocket man Great - 03/03/20 08:39 PM
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: What Makes rocket man Great - 03/04/20 04:34 AM
Every singer / songwriter should watch that video. Rick goes to great detail to uncover and explain the genius musicianship that makes the song so great.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: What Makes rocket man Great - 03/04/20 09:07 AM
One of my all time favorite tunes. Rick does a great job breaking it down. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: What Makes rocket man Great - 03/04/20 10:34 AM
Great analysis of a great song! Thanks for posting.

Jeff
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: What Makes rocket man Great - 03/04/20 10:22 PM
Great analysis. It expanded my knowledge of chords. It really helps to have stems.

Back when stereo was new to popular music one of the nice thing about early stereo Beatle albums were hard panned tracks. It helped when learning songs by ear. In the mid seventies I bought every 4 channel tape or record I could find for the same reason.
Posted By: lambada Re: What Makes rocket man Great - 03/08/20 04:54 AM
It's also a great movie!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: What Makes rocket man Great - 03/09/20 10:23 AM
This was a really well put video - I'm not the biggest Elton John fan, but have definitely appreciate his talents. This did a fantastic job of breaking the song down. I've got it bookmarked, I know some people who'd appreciate this.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: What Makes rocket man Great - 04/04/20 01:28 PM
Oh, thanks so much for posting this. This is a great video. Love the ability to break down each track separately, and seeing Rick play each part. I was in a studio in Nashville early 90s and had the pleasure of seeing Dee Murray in action a few months before he died. Thanks again.
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: What Makes rocket man Great - 05/08/20 09:44 PM
Nearly every video from Rick is worthy of viewing
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: What Makes rocket man Great - 05/08/20 10:48 PM
Growing up, I never realized just how many songs Elton John really had that were hits. I heard his music long before I actually knew who it was, and even into my teen years, whenever someone would offer to play me his music I'd assume I just didn't know what his sound was like, until I realized very quickly that I knew every single one by heart.

He's certainly one of those timeless icons, I think.

Great video!
© PG Music Forums