PG Music Home
A lot of musicians see Band in a Box as software that should only be used for accompaniment. It's great for singers or solo instrumentalists, but not for using in their compositions.

I'm basically in agreement with that, but the arrangements I generate with BIAB help me make my songs better.

This video shows how I take a simple song and develop it using BIAB.

https://youtu.be/_vel48tBLKY

Really well put together. I enjoyed this a lot.
Three posts in eleven years and a "how to" amongst them...weird.
I use it as a writing tool and usually play, or have people play, the parts though use RealDrums regularly.
Why did everything end up with the same horrid sounding overactive kick drum?
Once I got the hang of this program I put away my paper and pen and notebooks and went totally digital for my writing and composing.
I think that is quite a good video. Watch and get a pretty good idea of what BIAB is and does. Spend a little time on this forum and find the individual journeys are as unique as the people, themselves. I noticed the finger pick singer song writer style was John Prine, so fondly remembered, in a nutshell. Pretty amazing, really.
Hi, Reid.

Welcome back to the PG Music forum!

It's good to see "The Frog" make an appearance here. smile

"Vulgar Sludge Metal" That's probably a little different...
(Plays tune)
Oh, OK. Alright, that's enough of that

grin

I enjoyed the video and song!
Thank you all!

I've been a BIAB user since it came out. Back then it was only MIDI and I had to play it through my hardware synths. For some reason the only thing I remember is that it played "The Flintstones" theme really well and that blew my mind. As I still don't know how to play that esteemed piece of music, I assume it came with the program. Anyway I knew it was a great purchase.

I think the reason I haven't taken part in this forum is that BIAB is so easy to use. I don't think it has ever even crashed on my. I end up going to forums when I have a problem and can't figure out the forum.

But I will try to check in here a little more often. : )

Reid (Tiger)
Going through the styles trying to find the perfect backing track is how I have spend hundreds of hours! But it was time well spent.
I enjoyed watching the video as I'm always interested in how others use this great program. Like MarioD, "Going through the styles trying to find the perfect backing track is how I have spend hundreds of hours! But it was time well spent." although sometimes I've managed to 'lose' my original song idea completely doing that...

I thought your original guitar piece was quite nice and it would have been interesting to see how your song would have worked had you imported the audio into BIAB and attempted to find a matching style while also retaining the originality of your live performance.
Very good video, good song and good lyric. Reid has an engaging presentation style IMO.
Nice work on this - very thorough. I too like the original guitar piece, also - thanks for sharing smile
© PG Music Forums