PG Music Home
I have a low opinion of any music or writing contest that requires a purchase or fee to enter. You know that, whoever benefits, it's not the musicians who actually do the work. Sponsored contests, however, can provide a nice experience using tools incl. BIAB that you happen to have lying about the home or studio.

These both arrived in my email this morning. Win or lose, the act of entering is a good chance to hone your skills. In both cases, the deadlines are coming up soon and that presents challenges of their own.

This first is a songwriting contest. Rules are loose and the winner gets cool gear.

Kings Ransom Songwriting Contest

This is more intriguing. You download stems that you can use or not but one audio track is required and that's the Old Spice whistle that I remember as a kid over 60 years ago. In fact, I used it in an arrangement in the mid 1980s.

Old Spice Dynasty — Smell Ready for Anything Contest

I will not enter either — way too busy in one case and I'm likely disqualified in the other due to my long association with TheMusicLink/AXL, distributors of Recording King and my friend who owns the brand. Except for friendship in one case, I am not affiliated with either contest.

Good Luck!

Thanks -- I am going to enter the old spice contest--- I use it every day so may as well give it a shot! LOL
© PG Music Forums