PG Music Home
Well, Ron Popeil died the other day. Always sad. It got me thinking about the Popeil Pocket Fisherman and the $200 dollars worth of plastic junk that showed up on my doorstep today. I gave the wife a new credit card so of course, she needs to try it out to see if it works.

Last night my wife bought a Popeil Pocket Fisherman

They say it's the very best one in the land

And as a bonus extra a hand-chopping tool

You'll be the world's best carrot chopping fool

So I had to take a walk with my best old friend

Jack Danials said Bill you know this is not the end

Go on boy and have another drink before she buys again... on and so forth

Here is a picture of the original item...lol

Well...it is the weekend...lol Of course "your" wife never bought any late-night TV junk but we can get away making fun of mine. We have been married too long to get upset about anything....lol

Billy
My elder brother loved to fish. He bought one of those fishing rods and it traveled with him every time he went on a band tour. Whenever there was some down time he'd find him a fishin' hole to escape to for a few hours. The fishing rod was likely as essential for his peace of mind as his bar and finger picks were to his pedal steel playing.
Funny story Jim. I have not ever seen one up close. It has been a running joke about buying plastic junk on late-night TV.

There was a song that starts out " why don't you and I get normal it ain't got to be that formal, why don't you and I get normal for a change" " It'll be meat and small potatoes cut our hair so they won't hate us"

I wish I knew who wrote it. It goes on to talk about buying records on late-night TV.

I have a rough draft of this on guitar but have yet to figure out how to get it in BIAB. I will work on it a bit more and perhaps you can help me put it into BIAB. Nothing is set in stone. Just trying to get the chord structure to fit the lyrics.

Cheers,

Billy

EDIT: Martin Mull Normal but I think I heard this from Kinky Freedman and the Texas XXX boys. Sorry cain't say that word anymore on late night internet...lol

Billy
Lyric re-write

A
Last night my wife bought a Popeil (D) Pocket Fisherman

E
They say it's the very best one (A) in the land

A
And as a bonus extra a (d) hand-chopping tool D, Eb, E

E
You'll be the world's best carrot chopping (A) fool

F#M
So I had to take a walk with (D) my best old friend

F#M
Jack Danials said Bill you (D) know this is not the end

F#M
Go on boy and (D) have another drink, (D,Eb,E) you know it's not a (F#m) sin

E
If you know your wife (F#m) gona buys this again

A
Well late-night TV It's got to (E) be some kind of curse

D
It'll spend up all your money and then (A) whats is worse

A
You will have to rent a storage space that will (D) cost you lots of money

B
And all you can ever GET TO say iS (E) yes honey ...spoken ...yes dear...whatever you want

Billy
© PG Music Forums