PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike Inside the songs McCartney - 11/01/21 08:36 AM
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Inside the songs McCartney - 11/02/21 05:47 AM
Fantastic to listen to the descriptions and background. How songs were developed, how they all interacted. The Highs and the Lows.
Posted By: Planobilly Re: Inside the songs McCartney - 11/03/21 12:34 PM
I looked at two or three versions of "All My Lovin". I also looked at several copies of sheet music. I did not find any sheet music that really transcribed what John was playing.

Do you think John was playing triplets?

Billy
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Inside the songs McCartney - 11/04/21 09:49 PM
Originally Posted By: Planobilly
I looked at two or three versions of "All My Lovin". I also looked at several copies of sheet music. I did not find any sheet music that really transcribed what John was playing.

Billy

If only there was film… Absolutely.

All My Loving
Posted By: dcuny Re: Inside the songs McCartney - 11/05/21 12:16 AM
Originally Posted By: Planobilly

Billy

Yes, most piano sheet music does a poor job representing the actual instrumentation in a song. It'll typically put the melody in the treble clef, with some block chords, and the left hand roughly duplicating the actual bass line.

For a more accurate transcription, see the Gtr1 part here: https://www.learnguitarsonline.com/guitar-sheet-music/All-My-Loving-by-The-Beatles-Guitar-Sheet-Music-Free.html

Oh, and cool podcast. smile
Posted By: Peters Garage Re: Inside the songs McCartney - 11/07/21 08:51 PM
it is also worth watching the sessions Paul has with Rick Rubin (streaming on Disney+) - there Paul mentions that John just felt like playing his rhythm guitar that way, because it gave the song more energy.

I have tried to see if I could just 60 seconds of John's rhythm gtr - but after 20-25 seconds my arm goes dead and I mess it all up, and during the whole attempt - it sounds ugly as ferk! All four of them, were actually better musicians than they're widely acknowledged for.

EDIT
The Beatles is almost religion to me
© PG Music Forums