PG Music Home
Posted By: Ugis Help me find this sound on BIAB - 06/17/22 11:12 AM
Hello, can somebody help me find something similiar sounding guitar like on "Camila Cabello - All These Years"or "Justin Bieber - Love Yourself" in some of BIAB styles?

Please help someone who is working longer with BIAB and know styles better, i only need the guitar track.
Thanks!
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Help me find this sound on BIAB - 06/17/22 12:57 PM
To be honest, I have been using BB and the real tracks for over a decade and have never heard any that have that style of guitar playing.

That doesn't mean you can't get that sound.... it just means that you're not likely to get it from BB. This is where you would have to either play it yourself, assuming you play guitar, or ask/hire someone who does play, to do that playing for you.

Sometimes you just gotta think out of the box.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Help me find this sound on BIAB - 06/17/22 01:31 PM
Actually there are some RTs that are in the ball park. These are very simple styles.

In the first song you mentioned, it is a "two note" chord. BIAB has an electric in the _Nospaz style that does something kinda like it.

Check out 3724. But it is electric.

See the two attachments. There is cool acoustic fingerpicking guitar as a sub for 3724--it is 3057.

Look at screenshot # 2 and sample some of those acoustic, and others that are subs for them, and you may find what you are looking for. You have study these styles and make your own lists of ones you like.

It takes time but it is worth effort and part of the process. No way around it.

Attached picture Guitars Simple.png
Attached picture More Fingerpicking.png
Posted By: rayc Re: Help me find this sound on BIAB - 06/18/22 05:51 AM
There's also the option of editing an existing RT with hold, rests n stabs to get the effect of the guitar in All These Years. It can hear that the guitar has been artificially muted by the lack of ringing/overtones etc.
David's suggestions get you almost there...it'll depend on the amount of effort & time you care to put in.
Posted By: GriffinSongmaker Re: Help me find this sound on BIAB - 07/18/22 12:41 PM
There's a bit of mild 'bossa' sway in those two songs you mentioned. Also, the guitar sound is nylon/steel acoustic, probably mic'd. So, I checked out some RTs with that in mind. One which might come close is 2726, set up with 'shots' as suggested by rayc. You can play around with other fingerpicking (bossa, latin, peruvian, etc) because many of those RTs feature simultaneous plucking of two strings.

For example, with 2726, you could set up the Bars this way, using 5th fingerpicked chords (C5, G5) to emphasize the two-note chord sounds:
1a) C5 C5..,G5.. 2) Am/G Am..,G5.. 3) repeat bars 1 and 2, etc.

You can eliminate some of the shots from time to time in some of the Bars, just to create subtle differences in the guitar rhythm and prevent it from sounding like a constant metronome/percussion beat as your song moves forward.

Hope that helps a bit.
Posted By: GriffinSongmaker Re: Help me find this sound on BIAB - 07/18/22 12:43 PM
... forgot to mention in that example the Style is straight 8ths and the Tempo is 100
© PG Music Forums