PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Rockwell Help me find this drum pattern - 06/28/22 06:55 PM
I need the galloping drum pattern like Ringo uses in Get Back. What is it called in BIB?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Help me find this drum pattern - 06/28/22 11:01 PM
In the RealDrums Picker use "train" in the filter.

Description: RealDrum Picker filtered by Train
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: Will Rockwell Re: Help me find this drum pattern - 07/01/22 08:00 PM
The only Train drum track that sounds anything like Get Back is CountryTrain8, I don't think that rhythm pattern is Train, but will use it for now.
I am not trying to cover Get Back, but need that galloping rhythm, with a double snare hit before the 1 and 3 of each bar.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Help me find this drum pattern - 07/01/22 10:56 PM
Try the five MIDI styles with a train beat.

Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: Roger Brown Re: Help me find this drum pattern - 07/05/22 07:32 PM
That galloping drum style isn't a train beat. I'm not exactly sure what it's called, drummers I've worked with in the studio always just referred to it as a gallop.

I'm not aware of anything close in BIAB, but it would be a great one to request. I would use something like that on occasion myself.
Posted By: Will Rockwell Re: Help me find this drum pattern - 07/12/22 10:39 PM
I heard it again today on Kate Bush's Running up that Hill
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Help me find this drum pattern - 07/14/22 07:49 AM
What about:
_INSPIRE
_PUPLIFT
or perhaps:
_ACFNK16
?
Posted By: Will Rockwell Re: Help me find this drum pattern - 07/14/22 06:31 PM
Each of those styles has hundreds of drum tracks. Did you find something specific that you thought was in a gallop pattern?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Help me find this drum pattern - 07/15/22 01:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Will Rockwell
Each of those styles has hundreds of drum tracks. Did you find something specific that you thought was in a gallop pattern?

Will,
I entered the song you mentioned: "Running up that Hill" in the StylePicker, and the Styles that were recommended were provided.

I listened to the Pre-made Demo samples from several, including _ACFNK16 which I felt potentially had a rhythm similar to what you described (at least my interpretation of 'galloping drum pattern').

But I don't understand what you mean by 'Each of those styles has hundreds of drum tracks'. Each style only has one drum track, or have I missed your point completely? Appreciate your clarification.
Posted By: Will Rockwell Re: Help me find this drum pattern - 07/15/22 10:20 AM
I do not understand how to use styles, I usually start with a default style like LA Hard Rock, and just pick my instruments. I need to study the styles and how to use them
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Help me find this drum pattern - 07/15/22 11:03 AM
Originally Posted By: Will Rockwell
I do not understand how to use styles, I usually start with a default style like LA Hard Rock, and just pick my instruments. I need to study the styles and how to use them
OK
This was my workflow:
  • Open StylePicker
  • In top RH corner, under 'Type a a familiar song title', enter the song title: "Running up that Hill" and press the 'Enter' button
  • Using Quick Play, listen to the recommended style suggestions which are sorted 'best to worst'
  • Shortlist a selection that I hope are helpful
  • Respond to the original request with these suggestions

It would possibly be beneficial for you to study more about the functionality / deliverables of the StylePicker capabilities. Not all suggestions are perfect, but they do provide a starting point.

I hope this has assisted in some way.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Help me find this drum pattern - 07/18/22 06:58 AM
Will, did any of my suggestions help? Did you manage to find a drum style that was suitable?
© PG Music Forums