Veteran
Veteran
Ok,
I did a clean install of Windows 7 32 bit Ultimate
Installed Band In A Box 2011
Disabled User Account Control in Control Panel > Users
Generated a track in RealBand and clicked Merge all tracks to compressed file
Saved to a wav file ok, then i got this missing bitrates:

So i close RB and downloaded, installed & restarted: http://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_mega.htm

This time I got This:

You can use VirtualBox to try things: http://www.virtualbox.org/

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
For Lame, I dug around the soundforge site until I found the inf file for Lame, then you can right-click and 'install' it to windows. There is also a windows executable version, but this doesn't install it to the system, just to audacity from what I can tell. I have no idea why it's so hard to find a Windows installer for Lame.

Audacity is free and some here have just gotten used to going that route for the mp3 conversion.
Mix the wav in RB, then convert to mp3 in Audacity.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
rharv #110611 04/08/11 12:44 PM
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Yea did the Lame installer and the right click install inf but the one that WORKED was
the K-Lite Mega Pack. When you install the K-Lite pack it will take out any codecs that aren't working or that clash.
Give the K-Lite a go and let us know how you go.

You can get get FormatFactory it's free and quick to convert anything to anything with drag n' drop or batch conversion. (Just uncheck the ASK Toolbar at end of install.)

rharv #110612 04/11/11 07:54 AM
RealBand
F
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
F
rharv
I guess Audacity is an option. I bought a program called SWITCH that works in a somewhat limited way. But it's always so frustrating when I can't get a program (RB) to do what it is supposed to do. Especially when others can! So I'm still trying.

Frank

musocity #110613 04/11/11 08:00 AM
RealBand
F
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
F
musocity

So I tried the K-lite Codec pack. Downloaded and installed the whole thing in C:\Program Files. Still no change. I still get your first screen shot.
It seems to me that I have to tell RB where to look for the required codec but I have no idea how to do that. Lame_enc.dll is still in the RB directory.

Any more ideas for me. I very much appreciate your help.

Frank

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Ok try here http://blog.komeil.com/2008/06/enabling-fraunhofer-mp3-codec-vista.html

Download "chortkeh-fix-mp3-codec.cmd" and right click Run as Administrator
http://download.komeil.com/?264

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Frank,

This is a long-shot, left-field thought. When you shut down your computer after using it, do you simply suspend it or do you physically shut it down? The reason I ask is because some of the issues you have might possibly be solved by shutting down the computer and the starting back up from the off state.

As a said, it is a long-shot.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Rachel, Noel,

Did download foobar2000, but haven't used it yet.
Few steps makes a job lot easier, if results are good.
PT use of Lame would be nice.

Quote:

When you install Lame, you will need to copy the lame_enc.dll file into the c:\Realband directory.

Once the above .dll is located in the Realband folder, start up Realband, load the song, choose "Merge audio and DXi tracks to compressed file" and the click ok. At this stage, the only option available is the WAV format. Once that file is created, though, Lame will kick in and you'll get a new window that offers the option to convert to mp3. Simply select the bit-rate that you want from the many available and click ok. (At least that's how it works for me.)

I've been using Audacity for about 6 years, up until learning to train my
ears a bit better, not happy with some its internal FX specifically the compressor.
Keep in mind, only know how to spell it..

Am using BIAB compositions, dragging into RB, doing the adjustment wanted, then recording
thru an Alesis mixer to Power Tracks 2011(started with this in 2006).

Anyway re-discovered the PT edit> audio > compressor and the default results were so much better than
the Audacity. Audacity using the default setup pushed an already strong melody and solo in the the grass.
Am aware can export as wave, load into Audacity and export as MP3.

Is there a way the lame can be installed in PT same as RB ?

Thanks in advance,

Seeker

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
seeker #110617 07/10/11 02:10 AM
RealBand
L
Veteran
Veteran
L
I had problems with MP3 Codex with my last system and installed a free copy of Cheetah DVD Burner which worked well. Checking my latest DAW, I find it even less well equipped for compressed formats so I have downloaded the latest version of Cheetah (now subject to a small fee) and use this software for format changes.

I work totally in CD quality 44.1 wave mode as final Mixes will become CDs, but I also reformat the whole final CD Burn folder to MP3 and save in an a different MP3 folder for other playing devices such as my own Home Theater setup. The beauty of this program is that a whole folder of CD quality tracks can be compressed to MP3 at a selection of bit rates between 8k and 320k very very quickly.

Odd though I have never used the program to cut the CDs or DVDs.

Lyn

LynB #110618 07/10/11 09:06 AM
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Lyn,

You answered several questions for me, Great!

First I did download foobar2000 and for some reason could not get Lame
to work. It seems to want LAME.EXE which is mentioned various places
but it always ends up being a .dll file.

Gave up on one song was working on and just used Audacity.
Then found winLame and downloaded it. Works just fine and free,
however its not as simple and clean to use as Audacity.

The second question which I did not post was quality file saves for
CD creation. Plenty of folks on this forum know, but there are many
types of wav files.
Got sidetracked. Anyway the Power Tracks 2011 track save function creates
a 709 bts quality wav file, which far exceeds the 192 bit mp3 was creating with Audacity.
Quote:

I work totally in CD quality 44.1 wave mode as final Mixes will become CDs

Its great to confirm this direction of file creation. PT does a very nice job with compressor and
fadein/out and wav creation.

Again thank you,

Seeker

FrankB

Down The Street vs2015 12-03-2014
Win7, AMD QuadA8-5500,16GB,2TeraHD, Komplete 10
PG Ultra Plus 2016,Alesis 12USB, Sonar Platinum
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,510
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195