Print Thread
Go To
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hello, back again with another one.

This one is also from 1992.
I was trying to write a song of hope. I don't know if it came out that way.
If you have the time, give it a listen.
I hope you enjoy it.

I transferred this from cassette to PC, using Powertrack12.
Vocals and guitar are me and the rest is MIDI, BIAB, using a Roland Sound Canvas Module.
Wayne,

"No More Sad Songs"

The man on the radio, said please stay tuned
After this next message, I've got some real news
Late last night, a man came home and he cried
He prayed to God, keep his wife alive
So for tonight, there's gonna be a little change

There'll be, no more sad songs, for awhile
Just songs of hope, to help him raise a smile
There'll be, no more sad songs, for awhile
We've got to show him that we care
And let him know, he's not alone out there

So there'll be, no more sad songs, for awhile
Just songs of hope, to help him raise a smile
This gentle man needs all your prayers

Wayne Whiteside, Copyright December 28,1992

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice Sangin on some great Country Wayne ! Incredible if you count the porta-4 to boom box to comp rendering !

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks a lot Tommyc. I wasn't sure it was country when I had to pick a category. But it sounded country to me.
Thanks for taking the time to listen and to comment. I appreciate it.
Wayne,

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wayne

You sure have a great voice. Great mix/master and great lyrics. Lets hear more!

// Jan

JROM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Jan,
I so glad you liked it. It means a lot to me when people take the time to listen and then comment.
I really appreciate it. I have more songs here:

Blueslogic MusicPage

There are a few really hard rock songs, but most are mellow and a couple are mellow Blues.
It's kind of a mixed bag. Thank you again for your kind words.
Wayne,

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Well sung and very well written. Is that a harmonizer on the slide or are you tuned to an open 6th? Sounds very unique. Kind of a hawaiian tuning. This one stands up so well it should be a candidate for a rerecord with the new technology. I really liked the message. Well done. Tom

User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks Tom,
Thank you for taking the time to listen and glad you enjoyed it.
I just overdubbed the guitar. I played the first part then rolled the tape back and played the harmony.
I don't know if there were harmonizers back then. If there were, I'm sure I couldn't afford one.

My biggest investment at the time was buying a good condenser mic. It was an Audio Technica mic for home recording. It was about $500.00 dollars at the time, but it changed everything. After that, recording Vocals and Acoustic guitar was a dream. I also got a Mackie Mixer as soon as they came out and an Alesis Reverb unit.

What surprised me most about finding these old songs is that I played slide. I don't remember playing slide.
Go figure....lol

Thanks again Tommy,
Wayne,

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I really liked this one, Wayne. Very haunting, very engaging. And this was done on your Portastudio? I bought an 8-track Portastudio about that time to record my songs and also got into BIAB and PT about the same time. Set up with time code in hopes of using together. But the computer side of things took off so I used that - now the Portastudio is my soundcard interface.

You've done some wonderful work with it. In this song is that slide guitar played by you - what a beautiful hook.

Good stuff. Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thank you Ian,
Yes the guitars are me. I completely forgot about the slide until I found these tapes.
When I recorded these there wasn't recording on the PC yet. Roland was coming out with the 8 track digital recorders. I remember them being thousands of dollars.
I did do the striping the tape with time code. That left me with 3 tracks, but it worked great because I could just run the MIDI direct to my mastering deck when mixing down and use the 3 tracks for Vocals and Guitar.
It only worked with my Atari ST. I never got it going on the PC. Those were fun times. I felt like a mad scientist programming my synths. Oh, and you also had to have about 4 hands....lol

Thanks again Ian, Much appreciated.
Wayne,
Since I started again, I use my PC, an Alesis Multimix Mixer and a decent mic. BIAB and Powertracks. It's like heaven.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That's a great song Wayne, beautifully delivered. Your voice is first class, and I loved the slide guitar work: simple but very hooky.
And all done on a Portastudio! Ten years on and we have more audio toys than we can use and this totally illustrates that it's all about the message not the medium.

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Thanks John,

Thanks for taking the time to listen and post. Very kind words. I played the slide like a lot of my solos, I tried to just follow the melody or make them melodic. Almost all these songs wer made as demos. So I recorded them the way they wanted them. Bring out the melody, vocal and make sure it can be understood.
19 years ago I was criticized by other musicians for not getting 8 track machines and big mixing boards. I didn't have the money and I didn't need it. Half my songs were recorded with 2 or only 1 mic. I played the Guitar and sang alone. These were Demos. I recorded these the way the record companies and Publishers wanted them. Clean and understanable.

Thanks again John,
Wayne,

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Wayne,

It's all been said. This is a beautiful song and you have a fantastic voice. I found the lyrics exceptional. They really work incredibly well for me. It's a terrific premise for a song.

Last year, I was at a songwriting seminar with Beth Nielsen Chapman (co-writer of "This Kiss" - sung by Faith Hill a few years ago). Anyway, Beth is an amazing singer-songwriter and one of her major philosophies is that lyrics should resonate with truth and believability. She'd love this song of yours.

Best regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi Noel,
Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and comment. I so glad you enjoyed this.
I just went to your song page and listened to a few of your songs. From the first note I was instantly a fan. Your compliments are greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Wayne,

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Wayne,

Thanks for having a listen to some of my songs. I appreciate the positive feedback!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195