Question:

Hi Everyone,

I have a large number of RealBook BIAB files, including melodies. I would like to have all of these generated with RealTracks, have the melody generated with a VST plugin, and transfer them all to my iPod (I have BIAB 2011 and the iPod app). What is the easiest way to do this? If I simply put all of the individual files in the bb2Go folder and try to transfer them to the iPod using the BIAB server, will each song automatically be generated using the RealTracks? Or, do I need to first open and run each song to have RealTracks generated before moving the song to the bb2Go folder? In other words, is there an easy, automated way to batch process numerous individual songs using both RealTracks and a VST plugin for the melody?

Answer:

Yes, you can do this, and it is a one-time procedure, and can be done in a batch mode.....here's how to do it:

- Put the BB songs that you want in the folder c:\bb\BB2Go
- in BB, go to [main menu]- Winwows - BB2Go . This opens up the BB2Go dialog, where you see a list of all of your songs.
- If you want audio for all of them, then press Generate MP4 "FOR ALL SONGS"
You will then have mp4 files and your BB songs in the the BB 2Go folder
==================

2. Make sure that the BandInABoxServer.exe applet is running (you see a note icon on the system tray). If not, you can run it from the [main menu]- Winwows - BB2Go dialog.

3. Run your BB iPhone version. Choose File-Server and Connect.

4. Choose "Get All Songs". This will get all songs, including chords and the audio (including chords and melody as present in the BB songs). They will have RealTracks if the BB songs used styles that were realtracks.
Now, fire up the BB iPhone app,

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.