Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Journeyman
Journeyman
Please let's end this here. I never said that RB wasn't a product that came from a melding of Powertracks and BiaB.
I never said it had less features than PTPA, I said it had more and I never said it was less powerful than anything.
My only point, which I seem to not have made very well, was that I don't use it. That's all.
And yes neither one is on the same level as Reaper. That's why I still use PowerTracks. Otherwise I'd be using Cubase.

This was never meant to be a debate on which is better. I thought I made that clear. It is just my preference in the way I work and what I use. If any of my information about Realband has been wrong, it's only because I used what other users here have said on the forum and not from my own experience. I'm sorry if anyone thinks I dissed Realband, but I haven't, at all. I just don't use it the same as others have stated in this thread. The replies to my posts are just plain provocative.

Please stop, I agree with you. To everyone who uses RealBand, Wayne doesn't dislike Realband, he just doesn't use it! Make believe I had a megaphone and was just making an announcement. Anything else would imply I'm angry. I didn't use all caps, because that would say I'm angry and I'm not.

This really should have stopped with, "You are certainly welcome to your opinion Wayne" We both are. If anyone else feels they need the have last word and correct me, knock yourself out.

I come onto these forums and post trying to help. I spent some time telling Eddie about another problem he was having with recording. I told him about my battle with USB ports and hubs. Maybe it wasn't Eddie, maybe it was in this thread, I don't remember anymore.

Wayne, thank you,

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I have the TC harmonizer but I had to buy powertracks to get it, just wondering does the TC come with realband now or you still have to buy powertracks?

musiclover

Has been included in RB for some time now.

Veteran
Veteran
I won't call you Jackass. Maybe a little bullheaded.
It worked in Sonar. Just for the heck of it try plugging back in to the hub. It may have been just a loose connection and then you unplugged it & put it in the computer and it worked.Try a different port in the hub.Just to carry this further.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi jazzmandan,
Do you know which version of RB did it start in? I have 2009 but maybe I'm not looking for it in the right place.
I like that feature, the TC harmonizer. Sometimes I get something really nice out of it. Other times I really make a mess, but it's always fun. The setting are so simple and they just beg me to push them too far. lol
Wayne,

Veteran
Veteran
In Realband it is under the Track menu item and reads "Apply Audio (vocal) Harmony using PTW or BiaB..."

Since to get Realband you have to have BiaB I think it still pulls it from there technically, or from PTW if you have it.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Journeyman
Journeyman
Cool, Thanks Bob. (I think I called you Harv a few times, sorry. Hope your name is Bob.)
Again, thanks, good to know. (making another addition to my PG Tips Text file)
Wayne,

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
I have had problems with USB hubs also. That is why I always install a PCI/USB card in my music computers. If you google PCI USB cards you will find most cost from $9 to $20 USD. I only use one USB hub and that is for things I plug and unplug a lot, things like flash drives and USB external hard drives.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I have had problems with USB hubs also. That is why I always install a PCI/USB card in my music computers. If you google PCI USB cards you will find most cost from $9 to $20 USD. I only use one USB hub and that is for things I plug and unplug a lot, things like flash drives and USB external hard drives.

Great Idea for a desk top. Get a powered hub for a lappy.

John
ESI Gigaport HD+
Lenovo Turion II /4 Gig Ram/ Win7x64 be
15.6" Monitor
"The only Band is a Real Band"
www.wintertexaninfo.com/BANDS/JohnnyD.php
Expert
Expert
Sorry - don't believe the Harmonizer is in RB 2011.5.
It just links up with either BIAB or the PTPA Harmonizer via a menu choice . . . and right now
the RB connection/harmonizer in the 2011.5 (3) does not work on my computer . . . but it should. Check
the post at the end of this Forum page.

Of course while having PT, I can use my RB SEQ file and take it into PT and do the harmony there - Handy to have PT as backup.

Cheers - Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Ian -

Have you tried the RealBand Build 4 Update, which came out yesterday. It says it addressed some harmonizer issues.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Ian,
So if it shows up in my 2009 RealBand, it may be because I also have Powertracks? Think that's possible?
Wayne,

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Hi Ian,
So if it shows up in my 2009 RealBand, it may be because I also have Powertracks? Think that's possible?
Wayne,

Yes.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thank you Matt,
I've been posting myself into a corner lately.
I got something right!

This was me when this thread began
<a href="[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/65793961@N06/6005050719/" target="_blank"></a>]Me then[/url]

Now look!
<a href="[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/65793961@N06/5987362083/" target="_blank"></a>]And now[/url]

Boy, oh boy. lol
That last one is me now. I artsied it up so you all couldn't see how old I really look.
Wayne,
P.S. I just renewed my Drivers license and the woman looked at my old one and said, Oh my, what happenned? I replied, Music. As I hobbled out the door with my cane, I could hear here crying, How sad.

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

This computer has 6 USBs, and if i need more I will take the 4 USB port card out of another computer and put it in this one. I used the hub only because some of the devices are wide and take away access to the USB port next to it, and the ports on the hub are vertical. (Specifically the wireless NIC, which is the "thumb drive" style, but it comes with an extension pedestal/cradle that I since started using. And originally I had a bluetooth keyboard and mouse in an effort to be as cable free as possible, and that had a thumb drive sized receiver as well that was too wide, but those are out now too.) It was mainly for ease of access as my 60 year old body is tired of bending and crawling. I need to move things around up there anyway so my work table is in the middle of the wall instead of one end. I am too close to one of the near field monitors, like right under it, and that makes it hard to mix.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Expert
Expert
I create all my "bed" tracks in BIAB and then export everything to Sonar Studio to do all the mixing and live recording. I don't use RB. I probably should learn parts of it, because it seems to have some good functionality. But I do all my mix downs and recoding in Sonar, because I know that better.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
Veteran
Veteran
Eddie, you're very similar to a good friend of mine which is why on the one hand I think we could be good buds but on the other I want to slap you sometimes. Other's will say "glad you fixed it" and drop it but not me. You ranted and ranted about all kinds of irrelevant crap when the problem was the classic "musician 101" stage problem: Check your connections. Again for the guys in the back row: CHECK YOUR CONNECTIONS.

Personally I think you should revisit the several other threads you put a rant in that was based on your frustrations here like the playing a keyboard live with Biab thread and correct things.

This kind of 5 page thread is what gives a lot of potential users a bad feeling about this software and is very unfair to PG Music.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Journeyman
Journeyman
Good observation Bob, When I did tech support many years ago, on site for Typesetting networks, I always came into shops that were freaking out because something like the Typsetting machine itself was dead. That meant their whole operation was down. They worked on a very time sensitive schedule and they usually didn't have an extra $30 grand machine lying around as a backup.
The first thing I did was check the power cord in the wall. I'm sure you know that many times the plug fell out of the wall and the whole service call wasn't needed if they just would have checked the plug. And when they called we would ask them to check it before we came and they all swore they did.
Wayne,

Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Eddie, you're very similar to a good friend of mine which is why on the one hand I think we could be good buds but on the other I want to slap you sometimes. Other's will say "glad you fixed it" and drop it but not me. You ranted and ranted about all kinds of irrelevant crap when the problem was the classic "musician 101" stage problem: Check your connections. Again for the guys in the back row: CHECK YOUR CONNECTIONS.

Personally I think you should revisit the several other threads you put a rant in that was based on your frustrations here like the playing a keyboard live with Biab thread and correct things.

This kind of 5 page thread is what gives a lot of potential users a bad feeling about this software and is very unfair to PG Music.

Bob

Well, if you weren't right, I'd argue with you some more.....

I come from a tech support world where people call me and whatever is wrong is somehow MY fault, even after a lightning strike has cooked their motherboard. I have found myself somehow adopting that "I want this fixed NOW" attitude even when the problem may not be clear to anybody but me. The reason that connections did not seem to be relevant was that everything worked in Sonar. However, that was an incorrect assumption on my part. My studio computer has been in place since early June and has been powered off and on exactly 3 times after Windows 7 setup. I never power cycle it. And of course, power cycling rests everything, so..... Add that to taking the USB hub out of the loop.... voila....

I can not apologize enough to people who may have been rubbed the wrong way when I got on my roll but it is all I have to offer from here.

You really want to hear something, I will tape the call the next time I have to call my ISP and they ask me if my modem is plugged in.... I remember calling my cable people once and they actually asked me if my television was plugged in. My reply was "Do you seriously that when I went to sleep last night I got on the floor, crawled under the stand that has a 55 inch TV on it and unplugged it? You put your TV where it is going to be and it stays plugged in until you move. What kind of ridiculous question is that?"

For some reason, she did not see the humor in that....

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Veteran
Veteran
"My studio computer has been in place since early June and has been powered off and on exactly 3 times after Windows 7 setup"

I find that if something is not working right one of the first things I try is reboot the computer.

Musiclover

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2024, Cubase 13, Cakewalk and far too many VST plugins that I probably don't need or will ever use smile
R
Journeyman
Journeyman
R
Quote:

.......... I never power cycle it. And of course, power cycling rests everything, so..... Add that to taking the USB hub out of the loop.... voila....

But you haven't put the hub back into the loop for testing as a couple of us have suggested. Being a problem solver (like many of us), aren't you curious to know for sure whether the issue was in the hub or in the MAudio interface? I know I am, and it's not totally idle curiosity, either. It could help with future configuration/purchase decisions. -Ron

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,610
Posts735,062
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 190