Print Thread
Go To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Off-Topic
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
This whole thing is a good example of how something like 9/11 happens. Terrorists with expired visas wanting to learn to fly, but not land, airliners - NO PROBLEM. Exotic wood being imported - FALL OUT IN FULL COMBAT GEAR!

- Bud
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
“Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains.”

-Unknown

"And if you're not thoroughly disgusted with politics at 60 you haven't been paying attention."

-Also unknown

Got any more?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
Any mand loses his spoon, spends a night in the box.

- Boss Carr

- Bud
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"Anyone who respects the law and loves sausage will not want to see either one being made." - Mark Twain.

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
Any man smokin' in the prone position in the bed spends a night in the box.

- Boss Carr

- Bud
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Any man smokin' in the prone position in the bed spends a night in the box.

- Boss Carr

???

Off-Topic
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
Any man doesn't wash out his pop bottle spends a night in the box.

- Boss Carr

- Bud
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
"You can count on Americans to get things right, after they have exhausted all of the alternatives." -Winston Churchill

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
Off-Topic
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R

- Bud
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran

Well in the US when you want to change something you can always sign a petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-pres...-lacey-act-fair

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks Dan.

Off-Topic
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R
Quote:

Well in the US when you want to change something you can always sign a petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-pres...-lacey-act-fair

You CAN but all it will do is maybe make you feel better. We don't even vote for our president so the whole idea of US democracy is just a sick joke.

- Bud
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
The United States of America has never BEEN a democracy.

It is a Constitutional Republic.

Can't understand why folks first misname it and then proceed to voice negatives because the nation isn't apparently living up to what it never was in the first place...

--Mac

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Thanks, Mac and here's one that I used to use in my avatar:

"The key to the gateway of wisdom is to know that you don't know."

Stan

Cornet Curmudgeon
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Right now I'm diggin' on me some Coltrane, the '58 recording of Stardust.

Yeah.

--Mac

Off-Topic
GDaddy Offline OP
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Since I started this post, it has grown and grown and grown,
transmogrifying and morphing into all sorts of tidbits of
"information" about whatever.

Keep it up boys...I'd like to set a record for off-topic link that has been ruled "dead", and at this point is still goin' fast and furious...

Yamaha...Motif ES-8, Motif Rack, CS6X
Korg...Karma,Triton Classic, PA-80, M-1+
AkaiSampler-S5000, Roland.. X5080 Rack/G-1000 Arranger
Various Guitars/Basses Amps Pedals Rec.Equip.

Plus, BIAB 2015 and Sonar Platinum 2015 Upgrade from Cakewalk's Sonar X-3
Off-Topic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The Federal Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. has suggested that the use of wood from India that is not finished by Indian workers is illegal, not because of U.S. law, but because it is the Justice Department’s interpretation of a law in India. (If the same wood from the same tree was finished by Indian workers, the material would be legal.) This action was taken without the support and consent of the government in India.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the wood wasn't cut (rough finish) by India people, Indians, then who was it cut by. If it was, no matter who they are, the wood would be finished in India making it legal. Shame on the Justic Department. just sayin'

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
That quote is old David, nothing new has been announced since the raid.

That quote isn't really the point anyway. Find my posts a few pages up in this thread where I posted a link to the affidavit used by the investigator to show to a federal judge in order to get the probable cause warrant. The issue is falsifying official and very legal US Customs import documents. I'm not going to reiterate all that again, just read it. Since then I've seen several interviews with whats-his-name from Gibson. He's been on CNN, Hannity and one of the morning talk shows plus he's given interviews with the LA Times, Fox and a few more. Nobody including him has mentioned those Customs docs, all they talk about is what I've been calling smoke. Obama is trying to ship US jobs to India, blah, blah. All politics. No actual details of the warrant.

On the one hand I completely agree this raid shouldn't have happened, I think the tree hugging "save the forrest" stuff is mostly crap. Still, just like all the drug laws I don't agree with either (all that should be legal imho) we all know if you mess with drugs above simple low level possession and get caught you're gone for a very long time. Same here. Deliberately falsifying Customs forms is a felony, you can get five years for it depending on what's being smuggled plus a very big fine. A guy here at LAX recently got 3 years hard time for trying to smuggle in some protected parrots and declaring them to be something else.

Gibson knew those laws intimately because it's their business to know. If they did nothing wrong, the details of those Customs forms would have been talked about during those interviews yet it wasn't. What does that tell you?

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Well, it tells <i>me</i> that the Gibson company is smart enough not to attempt to hold court on the street...

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Mac,

Quote:

Well, it tells <i>me</i> that the Gibson company is smart enough not to attempt to hold court on the street...

Well said Mac. I'm sure the CEO has been told by the lawyers to be quiet about the particulars of the legal issues. The paperwork in question wasn't even filled out by Gibson, nor was it supposed to be. The Feds were even notified prior to the raid that the mistake was made by a junior clerk who worked for one of the importers. The Feds raided Gibson anyway.

The CEO, (let's call him J. ), has done a great job of PR, which is what he's supposed to do. The lawyers aren't getting $1000.00 an hour for nothing.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195