Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
H
hink Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I heard that BIAB's RealTracks are great but the MIDI sounds, if you're recording direct form a keyboard, are rather weak. Would I do well by upgrading my Reason to the new Reason 6 and be able to use the sounds/synths there to use for the MIDI tracks to combine with the RealTracks? I also own Reaper but discovered that it doesn't have good synths/sounds for your MIDI work.

Expert
Expert
The better the synth, the better the "sound" expression of the midi algorithm.
If you use the MS Synth, then it will sound like it.
You'll have a lot of answers here shortly. I don't know how good Reason is.
Personally I use an XG Synth card.

Welcome to the Forum by the way.

Cheers - Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I heard that BIAB's RealTracks are great but the MIDI sounds, if you're recording direct form a keyboard, are rather weak. Would I do well by upgrading my Reason to the new Reason 6 and be able to use the sounds/synths there to use for the MIDI tracks to combine with the RealTracks? I also own Reaper but discovered that it doesn't have good synths/sounds for your MIDI work.

Well, I don't believe you can use Reason in BIAB as it is not a GM instrument and BIAB will only output to one instrument sound at a time. So unless you want all your instruments to sound like a piano you are out of luck. There is no Rewire support in BIAB (it has been on the wish list for several years). Some folks have discussed using something like MidiYoke to send to multiple channels - but alas that is not readily accomplished in BIAB. See here: BIAB with Reason

So you have either Reaper or RealBand ( both should work well with Reason) which will readily output each track to any midi instrument in Reason.

Hope I am not stearing you wrong here. Others will chime in to correct me if I am wrong. Have you tried some of the softsynths (e.g., Coyote Forte) for better midi sounds?

Welcome to the forum.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

As we know, BIAB has no MIDI sounds per se. They are dependent on whatever synth, hard or soft, that you have available.

Possibly like you, I am primarily a MIDI guy and love the array of sounds available in external programs and modules. I went a long way with GM sounds for a long time, but was introduced to Reason 3 by a good friend about five years ago. (I also love the noises in my Roland JV-1010 external module.) Since then then I have been porting songs created in BIAB into Reason and enjoying the infinite racks of synths and effects, then porting the results back into either Nuendo or Real Band.

Reason 6 takes Prophead to a new level by combining synth and audio in a fully integrated package. I am taking a hard look at it as well since I have not yet found a DAW package that fully satisfies me. As you know, though, PG Music's products are unique in their music creation paradigm. I consider BIAB as something akin to a co-composer, so I don't see myself giving it up for a long time.

Like many of us, you may find that a combined approach gives the best results. Welcome to the community. Expect great things no matter how you accomplish them. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Richard

"My primary musical instrument is the personal computer."
H
hink Offline OP
OP Offline
H
My thought was as follows:

I don't know how good of a MIDI editor BIAB is. My gut feeling is that it generates MIDI files but editing the individual tracks is better in a dedicated MIDI editor. I'd import the MIDI files and the associated RealTracks files into something like Reaper or Reason 6 - which has audio and MIDI editing and synths, to be able to get the sum of much of my song and add in vocal tracks, tweak the MIDI and add addition MIDI/audio tracks.

At this point I have a choice between Cubase 6 and Reason and I'm moving towards Reason 6 upgrade since it seems to have a lot more value and you don't have to deal with Steinberg, poor support and horrible copy protection manacles that have plagued me all too often with Cubase. Reaper is a great low cost app that I may end up using too, at the very least.

I don't think that buying any hardware is necessary (I've got an i7-2600K and 1.5 TB 6 Gb/s hard drive) along with an old MIDI interface that I may not need since my Roland piano has a USB input. I may only miss the pitch bend, if needed.

Richard - too funny. I just posted the above after you posted. I have an offer to upgrade Reason to 6 for $170 ($195 with shipping) and figured that with BIAB with RealTracks, I've got an amazing studio. At the very worst, I also own Reaper, which is amazingly well priced if you're just doing this for fun as I am. I think we're onto something.

PS - I also have Sony Vegas for video editing and it came with SoundForge, which adds a few nice things of its own. My guess is that I'll only need Reason 6 as the be all end all. I'll end up selling the Cubase version I have to someone who loves it and I'll have a solution.

Last edited by hink; 09/18/11 06:10 PM.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Don't forget about the other DAW you already own, Realband. It is a very capable audio and midi editor, much more so than BIAB, and also can do many of BIAB's song/track-generating tricks.

Terry

BIAB/RB 2018 PlusPak. Dell Inspiron23 running Win10, 12GB RAM, 2.5GHz i7, Presonus AudioBox USB interface.
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I heard that BIAB's RealTracks are great but the MIDI sounds, if you're recording direct form a keyboard, are rather weak.

Biab has no midi sounds, repeat, NO MIDI SOUNDS. It will sound like whatever you route the midi output to. If it's a new $5,000 Korg Pa3x keyboard then it will sound like a $5,000 synth. In other words it will sound absolutely amazing. If you route the midi output to your el cheapo on board RealTek soundchip it will sound like a freebie soundchip, in other words it will sound like crap.

You're asking the wrong question. Reason is a fine program and all that but it's not a plug in synth that you can use with Biab. It's a stand alone host that you can take a Biab midi file and load it up but as far as playing Biab directly you're still stuck with whatever you're using for your live midi sounds. Biab is designed to be played so you can try out different styles and instruments in order to decide what you want your arrangement to be. If all you're using for that is a cheap synth you won't be happy. Reason is what you use after you've put your arrangement together in Biab. All the synths in Reason are great but you can't use them directly to play Biab without jumping through some very geeky hoops. It can be done but you need more 3rd party software and some clever internal midi routing and it's just not worth the hassle for me anyway. Most of us will use something like the Forte DXi softsynth for that or a hardware sound module like my Roland Sonic Cell or the Ketron SD2. Both sound excellent. After I work up my arrangement in Biab using the Sonic Cell then I put the song into a stand alone DAW like Real Band or what you're thinking of Reason, to load up all my other soft synths and/or keyboards to get the final best sound for each track.

This is a two step process if you don't want to finish your songs up in Biab only. Some are perfectly happy with that but it sounds like you're a bit more experienced with editing midi files and creating some of your own tracks so yes, I agree you also need a DAW. Don't overlook Real Band. RB is one of the best midi editors around and it's free with Biab. It also creates Biab midi parts and reads and creates all the same Real Tracks/Drums that Biab does. Many times I won't even use Biab, I start off in RB because it does almost everything Biab does plus it's a full DAW. It has 48 tracks with 32 midi output ports so I can load up all kinds of VSTi's and other plug ins. It's pretty powerful but it's completely different from Reason. Only you can decide if you really need Reason or not. I don't use it but I've heard good things about it.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
H
hink Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I understand what you guys are saying but now I guess I'm very confused about what RealBand is versus Band in a Box. In fact, I'd say that now I have no idea what RealBand actually is capable of doing versus BIAB except for the fact that the latter doesn't use any audio sound samples.

(1) If every note in RB seems to be shown on the screen, couldn't and shouldn't that also correspond to MIDI data? I'm assuming that while it's audio, associated MIDI data should be present so you can, e.g. trigger an external module to double the track. Following this:

(2) Why are these two programs different? Yes, I've seen a number of questions about the confusion but the website doesn't make it clear at all. It just says "RB is real sounds, not MIDI" I guess meaning not MIDI data triggering a sample. With BIAB, you can add notes using MIDI but RB is basically the manipulation of audio files and not the same as hitting notes in MIDI that would trigger a sampler.

(3) How flexible is RB v. BIAB? I would think that the latter should be more appropriate for certain things, e.g. chord inversions since if it's audio, there should be less you can do with such discrete data. In BIAB if I play inversions I think BIAB will put together a chord structure that matches my playing. But what about in RB? Do you just put in chords and some predefined rhythm plays? What if you want to move upwards in the scale, e.g. C to F to G versus C to F to low G - how does RB track this and how can you control it to make each sound right for the direction of the music? What about solos? How are these created? Are they predefined riffs that will result in pretty much the same solos time and time again, e.g. if you have the same C-F-G progression for 1 measure each you'll get the same solo in two songs?

(4) While I'm sure RB is a pretty good editor, I see too many people going elsewhere with the data to master it in something like Reaper. Why is this? The reason I am questioning going with a tool like Reason 6 is because they will provide you with numerous additional plugins and effects, e.g. voice manipulation, etc. Some have pitch correct (which still doesn't sound right to "correct" but great for a certain vocal effect in current pop music.)

I apologize that I may be asking beginners questions but this is addressed nowhere in the FAQ or seemingly elsewhere. Thanks again to everyone for your answers.

Veteran
Veteran
I assume that you are familiar with BIAB, except that you don't seem to be aware that you can use so-called Real instruments there, too. Real Tracks are digitized clips--loops, if you will, except that you don't have the same control as you would in, say, Acid--that are manipulated in the same way as BIAB's MIDI data. You can do time stretching and change keys, so you are not limited in tempo or pitch.

Most of us can't play the range if instruments, don't have access to the recording gear, and/or don't know other people who do or have this stuff that are willing to come to your place and record. If you like the idea of using real axes played by real musicians in your work along with the MIDI, I think you'll be impressed.

Real Band is an entry-level sequencer designed to import up to eight tracks created in BIAB and give you 40 additional tracks which can be used for MIDI or audio. What sets it apart from any other sequencer/DAW is that you can use Real Tracks in ways that you can't in BIAB, or in any other sequencer. You can have multiple instruments. You can regenerate tracks, or sections of tracks, until an instrument is playing what you want it to.

I've only v.2009.5 and haven't used RB much. Others who are much more knowledgeable will chime in and amplify me remarks. I'm also told that RB is a pretty good MIDI editor. Again, I haven't tried that; I have used Reason for that. But it comes bundled with BIAB, so you essentially get it for free. Try it, you'll like it! I have been mightily impressed by the results I've gotten with my feeble experiments.

R.

Apprentice
Apprentice
My answer is probably too simplistic but my workflow is:

1. BIAB to generate the song that I want - with the thin instruments ==> Save the song
2. Open the song in RB (freeze the tracks so they don't re-generate)
3. Change the tracks' VST(s) to one of my choice e.g. GPO for orchestral / soundfont player / Syntheway choir etc. This replaces the 'thin' sound
4. Add some realtracks / realdrums if appropriate
5. Add any effects such as reverb
6. In the audio menu - mixdown everything to a stereo wave or individual waves / tracks
6a. Sometimes I open the wave(s) in FL Studio and do some further refinement for mastering

7. Enjoy the rewards that come from having a chart storming piece of music

It helps if you can visualise (or is that auralise ?) the final piece with the better sounding instruments at the time you create it in BIAB. The thin sounds are then more of a sketch.

I haven't managed number 7 yet by the way but I'm working hard on it and having some creative fun along the way.

Enjoy.

Regards.

Mike.

SongBrain - AI Generator
Shiny Emeralds - Latest Single

Win 10 Home 64bit - Ryzen7 3700x / 32Gb
BIAB / RB 2024 For Windows
EWQL Composer Cloud X
O
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
O
Quote:

Richard - too funny. I just posted the above after you posted. I have an offer to upgrade Reason to 6 for $170 ($195 with shipping) and figured that with BIAB with RealTracks, I've got an amazing studio. At the very worst, I also own Reaper, which is amazingly well priced if you're just doing this for fun as I am. I think we're onto something.

I suspect that you have never really looked into Reaper if you make the statement that at worst you can use Reaper if doing this just for fun. I'm not trying to be snotty or anything but that is one very powerful program. Reason won't work with this but you could use Reason as a VST in Reaper and import your BB midi and audio into Reaper then assign your individual midi tracks to whatever Reason instrument you want. It won't be GM but you don't really want GM anyway. The patches associated with the GM standard never sound that good.
I hope that would work for you. Since you have Reason already test it and see if it works for you. If it does then you can choose to use your current version of Reason or upgrade. Hope that helps.

O
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
O
I made a mistake with earlier post. I meant use Reason with Reaper via rewire. Not VST. I was in a hurry. Sorry.

J
Journeyman
Journeyman
J
The freebe versions of the popular synths are pretty good, and they work just fine in realband. They might go a long way in meeting most of your needs and you can purchase more sounds for them as you want. Well worth checking out imo.

Veteran
Veteran
Hink, you're missing some very basic points about midi. Forgive me since this is just an internet forum but it seems like you really don't understand midi at all. You inferred that Biab doesn't use any audio sound samples. Audio sound samples are part of most synthesizers. If you have a synth/sampler that uses nothing but audio sound samples, Biab will play it just fine. Look at my sig below my name. Do you know what Garritan JABB or Sampletank is? JABB a collection of jazz big band samples of all the instruments and Sampletank has over 4,000 other instruments separate from just big band. Note I said samples. If I happen to choose one of those synths for Biab, no problem that's what Biab will play. My Sonic Cell is also sample based so your comment makes no sense.

You said this:

Quote:

If every note in RB seems to be shown on the screen, couldn't and shouldn't that also correspond to MIDI data? I'm assuming that while it's audio, associated MIDI data should be present so you can, e.g. trigger an external module to double the track.

Yes! That's exactly right. Understand though that not all Real Tracks display notation on the piano keyboard. Those don't have underlying midi information. Some RT's like strumming guitars don't lend themselves to doing a midi transcription so no midi for those.

You mentioned you saw something like "RB is real sounds..." Not sure where you saw that, I haven't seen it. I think what you saw is Real Tracks are real sounds. Real Band can generate RT's just as well as Biab can but one thing is Biab does it faster. Don't ask me boss, I don't know why, it just does so if you're working with 5 or 6 RT's at a time it's much faster to do them in Biab then drag them over to RB.

You asked why are they two different programs. That's a very complicated thing and it would take me all night to fully answer it. Just know that RB started out as Power Tracks and basic 48 track audio/midi sequencer and that's it. People had been complaining for years about the lack of midi output ports in Biab so you can only use one synth at a time etc. Rather than rewrite Biab, PG decided to put some Biab functions into Power Tracks and call it Real Band. There's have been many threads talking about why it would be a good idea to incorporate both programs into one. Most people including me think that's a bad idea but some like it. So far PG seems to want to keep them separate. Since they started out as two completely separate and distinct programs written by two different development teams it's probably impossible to fully integrate them anyway.

You also asked why do so many people use other DAW's like Reaper, Sonar etc instead of RB? Probably familiarity and the fact if someone has used Sonar Producer for years and just paid $500 for the latest upgrade that person is not suddenly going to dump all that money and experience just to use RB. But, if someone is relatively new to this and does not already have a lot of money and time invested in another DAW then RB is a perfectly good DAW. Others like to advertise unlimited tracks and other stuff but really, when's the last time you used more than 48 tracks? RB really does a lot, if you want to know more about it do a forum username search using the name Rharv. Bob Harvey is one of our resident experts on Power Tracks and Real Band. He's a producer, computer programmer and website designer. He knows what he's talking about and he uses RB for multitrack live recordings. He will record 6, 7, 8 or maybe more tracks live at a time using his PC, he will do all the editing, mastering and final producing just using RB and many different plugins and he gets some great results.

Read some of Eddies posts in the RB forum. He just learned RB in the last couple of months. He started from nothing, had his share of problems which you can read about and now he's well on his way to becoming an expert with it. Pretty impressive because he stuck with it when he was really getting frustrated.

You have to learn how to use it before we can really discuss it in detail. Just jump in and start doing things with it, when you have questions come back here.

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Veteran
Veteran
I got Powertracks when Cakewalk was still cakewalk (not sonar). Back at version 2.1 or so of PT. So I've seen them both develop, and others like Reaper jump into business. Reaper is a different way of going about things. Powerful but it takes some thinking to understand. For me, since I was weened on PT, RB is a very comfortable DAW. Digital audio is digital audio.. so once the soundcard converts the sound to digital audio it will sound the same in any DAW as raw audio.

What you do with plugins and routing after that will make a difference, and I can assemble those aspects in RB quickly and efficiently while still leaving the options open for either incorporating another synth (sampler) sound or adding more realtracks. This alone tends to keep me in RB until I find something I need that it can't do (which isn't very often). And even then I'll often do what I need in the other software, and export it back to RB to keep on working. That's just how I work. Many others get the job done in various other ways. Do what you are comfortable with.

For me, the help available on this forum removed a lot of the frustration I found when looking for help on other products/forums. So that's another reason to consider learning RB.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I own Reaper 4.02, sonar X1, Cakewalk MC5, Powetracks 11, Biab 2011.5 with RB, ansd Multitrackstudio 5.0. They all work, each has different twist. I can do almost anything that Sonar and Reaper can do in RB, and many things they can't. Both Sonar and Reaper have a real deep feature set, and one leans one way, the other another way. Reaper tends to tout having a gazillion customer defined options in the way the mouse clicks work, and the way each feature is structured, plus a very flexable routing system. Sonar has deeper and richer midi tools, and a more conventional routing system. RB on the other hand has all the basic tools, and then some, plus the BiaB generation tool set.

A lot of cool stuff to use. For me i like to build backing tracks to play over in RB, original material in BiaB, and route through Sonar. (Sorry Reaper nuts, i find Sonar just a tad better for my workflow.) I have to hunt down features in Reaper that i know where they are in Sonar. BiaB, RB, and Sonar work well for me. sonar gives me a Synth rich environment that works with so many synths that RB stumbles a bit on.

Last edited by Robh; 09/20/11 02:49 PM.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Veteran
Veteran
That synth stumbling you mentioned is one of theings I was referring to as far as using another product, then exporting back to RB.
It would be nice if tempo lock could some day be incorporated. Not sure where the difficulty lies, since we can send tempo over MIDI very easily.

H
hink Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I understand about audio sound samples - but it's the way they are used and some things just don't work and thus there is a need for a different method. You can sample an instrument up and down the range but it doesn't mean that it sounds natural when used, e.g. rhythm guitar. Most of the time I think they sound poor for obvious reasons. My understanding is that Real Tracks works a little differently in that it takes little phrases and pieces them together smartly so things sound much more natural than the "endless loop" style that you hear with most sample rhythm guitars you get. In this way you'll get phrases you'd expect to hear, differences in the play that breaks up that "repeat loop" sound and feel. Now I understand that I can use those guitars and then take the MIDI that is created for the other instruments and assign them to whatever digital instrument I want. I think a wish list is that the RT data is also recorded as "MIDI" or accessible in the same way that other tracks are. After all, if you can see the notes in the window, it would help to have the data, even if the actual RT track can't be manipulated. For example, I could take those notes and double the notes using some other instrument and triggered via MIDI.

RB is a DAW and it's easy to confuse RB with RT and then not be sure what is what. They probably should change the name of RB to something else, IMHO.

I went with the 30 day for the megaultrapak or whatever it is called. I'm using it now and it is darn confusing. I see that I'll need to learn more and figure out how to also make changes I want in certain parts of the song, e.g. where I want a different fill than was provided. I guess the utility of BIAB is that you can just pop in chords and style and generate all those tracks that sound good ASAP. I don't know of any other software that does this well. Hence, this is a useful tool.

As far as Reaper, Cubase, Reason and Presonus come in, I guess I was looking at something that had more to offer than what RB seems to provide. Perhaps its the ancient looking interface that seems awkward to manipulate. In addition, the other DAWs seem to have offered a good amount of additional tools and plugins that would make it worthwhile, although you guys may be right. I'll have to see what works.

Veteran
Veteran
Some realtracks have charts (notation and therefore MIDI)
Spend a little time with it and ask some specific questions when you get stumped.

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

I went with the 30 day for the megaultrapak or whatever it is called. I'm using it now and it is darn confusing. I see that I'll need to learn more and figure out how to also make changes I want in certain parts of the song, e.g. where I want a different fill than was provided. I guess the utility of BIAB is that you can just pop in chords and style and generate all those tracks that sound good ASAP. I don't know of any other software that does this well. Hence, this is a useful tool.

hink,

It is not clear to me that you understand completely what these programs do or how they do them. (That's okay--neither do we!) Thus you may achieve unexpected results. That can be both a good thing and a bad thing. I suggest one of two approaches:

1. Make a decision to learn a particular function or perform a particular task. Make like a pit bull and don't stop until you achieve your goal. Go on to the next thing.

Or:

2. You WILL get unexpected results. You WILL make "mistakes." You WILL realize new possibilities. Make like a being in the crystal river in "Illusions" and abandon yourself to the process. Let go and follow where you are led. This will take a while. BIAB is a unique and wonderful toy, and very deep. RB is more straightforward, but you need to have an understanding of BIAB to fully appreciate its possibilities.

There are advantages to each approach, or a combination of the two. You need to understand the basics--chord entry, key selection, the difference between Styles and Real Tracks, and, in your case, how to do MIDI editing.

But above all, NEVER GIVE UP. This is an incredible community of musos and geeks who are knowledgeable, as a whole, about the gamut of music, computers, and software. We are here to help you. Be patient with the product, with yourself, and with us. One way or another you'll get where you want to be--or somewhere you never imagined possible.

Richard

Last edited by Ryszard; 09/22/11 07:50 AM.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,457
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195