You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#129881 - 10/06/11 08:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: gibson]
Loc: Wauconda, Il.
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Well a little unusual to find all this "DAW setup" discussion over in this forum. I do think I saw someone suggest this be moved to the Off-Topic so this could be really worked out. Shame it hasn't been the song and vocals show a lot of promise and talent - but the vocals and not set right in the mix. Which is what Song_man can hear himself. I am sure the issues with Reapear and your computer (of which you never provide details) could be worked out. Heck we have had folks literally login remotely to newbees machines (ala Teamviewer) to do the necessary configurations.

Unfortunately Mr_Songman does not seem to be inclinded to invest the time and effort to bring the power of a DAW to solve the problem - I don't mean that critically, it just ain't for everyone . I think You did suggest going to a pro-shop to record and I agree, they will do wonders with your talent.

Good luck.

#129882 - 10/06/11 08:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: Noel96]
MusicStudent Offline
Veteran

Quote:

Martin,

What are the specifications of your computer, what operating system do you use, and what soundcard is installed?

Regards,
Noel

Bingo, that is the right question!

#129883 - 10/25/11 02:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: MusicStudent]
Loc: Surrey,England
Mr_Songman Offline
Apprentice

Hi guys,

Just wish to apologise to one and all for not getting back to you sooner regarding all the helpful advice given in this thread.

Unfortunately I suffer from a Bipolar disorder which sometimes sends me into a deep dark state of despair that makes me shut myself away for varying periods of time.
This one hit me as I was already going through a frustrating time regarding my recording problems which may have exacerbated the nosedive. But I doubt it
They hit me with no rhyme or reason.

Anyway just wanted to let you know that I am grateful for all the help and advice given by all you great guys on here - and now that I'm raring to go again and back on top, I shall endeavour to do something with it.

I am still having problems but, as has been suggested, I shall direct my questions to the off topic forum as I'm sure you all have the knowledge that I sadly lack.

I have just ordered the M Audio Fast Track Pro, and I have been exploring and experimenting with Realband, which seems an overly complicated programme but that maybe because I'm not used to it.

The oh so perfect answer for me would be for PG to add 3 or 4 more Audio tracks to BIAB and I'd never need another DAW. I could do all I want in there!!

Although I did purchase Reaper I have still had no success getting any sound out of it - but I will try and deal with that on the proper forum - where I shall list the specs of my machine!!

Thank you all once again for taking the time to help - I am truly grateful. If anyone can get me up and recording, it's you guys.

Thanks again!!

Martin

#129884 - 10/25/11 07:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: gibson]
Loc: US
redguitars Offline
Journeyman

Loc: US
The recording is great. It's a perfect snapshot of you performing this song.

The song is great. I love everything about it. But I really love the lyrics. You really hit the nail on the head.

It's my kind of song. It's something I wish I could write.

Great work and I dig your voice too.
a new fan, Wayne,

#129885 - 10/25/11 11:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: gibson]
Loc: Guitar Town
Zan Cantwell Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Guitar Town
Great song and a heartfelt delivery...dig it to the max

#129886 - 10/25/11 12:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: gibson]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Love this one Martin. Especially like the chorus.

Regards,

Bob

#129887 - 10/25/11 05:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: gibson]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Another great song from the Songman! Again super lyrics and mix. Personally I wouldn’t change a thing.

I agree with you about mixing. That is the hardest part of the process for me. I would rather just play! Alas I don’t have a lot of money so I must do everything myself. Based on your last two upload it appears that you have a very good handle on mixing.

My advice about DAWs is to pick the one you want and stick to it until you master it. That hardest part about a DAW is setting your computer up with the right drivers, buffer sizes, etc.. However once that is done you do not have to worry about it.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#129888 - 10/25/11 10:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: MarioD]
airtcon-161 Offline
Apprentice

MarioD is right. I just switched over to cubase 5 from a tascam 2488 and after getting things set up with the right drivers etc I am quite happy. Very nice song by the way. I like your voice and it certainly suits the song. Well done

Cheers

Nels

#129889 - 10/26/11 09:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: redguitars]
Mr_Songman Offline
Apprentice

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for those kind words - very glad you liked it.

I've just been listening to your stuff on Soundclick - and you blew me way!

As for my song being something you wished you could write - you can. And then some!!

Songs like Night After Night, I'll Get Us Through and Alone In This Room are superb!! I just love them.

Anyone on here who hasn't heard them, take a listen!!!

Great songwriting!!

A new fan.

Martin

#129890 - 10/26/11 09:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: Zan Cantwell]
Mr_Songman Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Zan - glad you dug it!!

#129891 - 10/26/11 09:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: 90 dB]
Mr_Songman Offline
Apprentice

Hi Bob,

Thanks for listening - and the kind words.

Martin

#129892 - 10/26/11 09:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: MarioD]
Mr_Songman Offline
Apprentice

Hi Mario,

Wow - what can I say but - thanks a whole bunch!!

Regarding a DAW I've taken the advice of Noel - who has been soooo helpful and patient with me - and I'm exploring the mysteries of Reaper.

You're right about the drivers and such. It's taken me a week just to get sound out of the blasted thing lol!!

Also just ordered the M Audio Fast Track Pro which I'm hoping will set me on my way!! Fingers crossed!

I'm sure you'll come across many of my questions and cries for help on the other Forums on here in due course!!

All the best

Martin

#129893 - 10/26/11 04:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: Mr_Songman]
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Quote:

I'm sure you'll come across many of my questions and cries for help on the other Forums on here in due course!!

Martin

Any way I can help I will, just ask.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#129894 - 10/31/11 03:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: One More Time [Re: MarioD]
Mr_Songman Offline
Apprentice

Thank you Mario - very kind of you!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we added 202 new RealTracks! There are brand-new RealTracks for Jazz, Blues, Funk, Latin, Pop, Rock, World, Country, Americana & Celtic, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 353-375 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2020 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks Sets 1-375 collection with over 3,100 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® - 202 New RealTracks Overview, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

We've just released some amazing new Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Adding the 2021 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase? No need to buy this separately, MultiStyles PAK 1 is included with it! www.pgmusic.com/addons.multistyles.php?os=win

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is HERE!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2020- save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and the just-released MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Forum Stats
33286 Members
67 Forums
66445 Topics
569215 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
D4ve C4rter, johnmix, Eric B, JimmytheHat, PTyros2

33286 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 263
Pipeline 259