Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#133342 - 11/12/11 12:37 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Country piano
J. Larry Offline
Journeyman

How about some real tracks that feature slick country piano stylings like you hear in recordings? I'm not talking about chunk-a-chunk rhythm patterns, but actual backing licks, turn-arounds, fill-ins and all that, such as present in the jazz piano real tracks, but, rather, played with a country flavor. You've got a lot of that already in guitar and steel, but not in piano. Think of tunes like Behind Closed Doors, Brown Eyes Blue, Make The World Go Away, After the Lovin', and countless others. The jazz piano real tracks don't quite get it for such tunes. If such request is too late for any possible updates in December, how about in the next go-around?

#133343 - 11/15/11 10:22 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: J. Larry]
Loc: Scottish Highlands
furry Offline
Veteran

You've got my vote on that one ! Some honky-tonk would be coold as well

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#133344 - 11/17/11 08:06 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: furry]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Yes indeed..

#133345 - 11/22/11 05:39 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: J. Larry]
Brian K Offline
Enthusiast

Absolutely! There is no R&B piano either except a track called "Pop funky texas" or something like that. It's well played but sounds more like some sort of hybrid cha cha trying to fit into a rock/blues genre. Miles Black is an accomplished pianist but this kind of music is just not his bag.Sorry, Miles...you're a great player but R&b,country, blues, and rock and roll just aren't played that way.As I mentioned earlier (but can no longer find my comments)in addition,broadening of available real tracks for tenor sax, harmonica and lead guitar into this genre would really tweak Biab to a new level. If a package is put together for this I am sure it will sell fast and furious. Just my take.

#133346 - 11/25/11 01:20 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: Brian K]
J. Larry Offline
Journeyman

Here it is, close to another upgrade (hopefully), and I'm still wishing. I can't think of these wishes in the abstract, but only discover them as I need them. In addition to more country-flavored piano stylings previously alluded to, I'd like to see a swinging piano real track that fits most medium to up-swing western swing stylings. I can often make the jazz bebop acoustic piano rhythm work, but, it would be nice to have a choice of an up-tempo jazzy (sort of) honky-tonk piano, with a country western swing feel to it. How's that for confusion? Just listen to some of the old Bob Wills recordings, Asleep At The Wheel, and other groups for examples. Some of the midi country piano styles work fine; but, it would be great to have many of those stylings as real tracks, with that little extra human touch.

#133347 - 11/27/11 01:55 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: J. Larry]
eddie1261 Online   content
Veteran

Well, not to be a wise guy, but if you know what you want and it isn't there, can't you just play it in by hand that one time?

#133348 - 11/27/11 06:43 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: eddie1261]
furry Offline
Veteran

If I could do that I wouldn't need biab LOL LOL LOL

Whenever I have a problem, I just sing, Then I realize my voice is worse than my problem.

#133349 - 11/28/11 11:43 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: furry]
J. Larry Offline
Journeyman

Hey, I'm a guitarist, not a piano player. I want BIAB to do the work for me. That's why I purchase each upgrade---to get the great styles and instruments that I don't play.

#133350 - 11/29/11 01:59 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: J. Larry]
Brian K Offline
Enthusiast

Yeah! Why is that so hard to understand? I can't find any rock/R&B/blues piano that doesn't sound lounge lizard or over-schooled and remind me of high school music teachers pretending to be musicians. Any real authentic tracks in there for these styles? Is it in there? If so please will someone please direct me to it?

#133351 - 12/18/11 12:32 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: Brian K]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

As you may have noticed, we just added this!

John Jarvis Rock and Country piano tracks,

Rock: Check out RealTracks 137 on this page: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.realtracks.htm

Country: Check out RealTracks Bonus Set 2: John Jarvis Country Piano
http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.bonuspaks_2012.htm

John Jarvis has won CMA (Country Music Association) Pianist of the Year CMA Award

#133352 - 12/25/11 11:48 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: PeterGannon]
Brian K Offline
Enthusiast

Peter,

Thank you for making that available...those are great tracks and really fill that slot very well! I have everything pack 2010.5 (or 2011...not sure on that point) with the 318 rebuild. I am not clear on how to get those John Jarvis tracks. Also the new Paul Franklin tracks.Could you advise please? Would like to add that BIAB has enabled me to write some new songs and I'm really glad I bought it. Having trouble though with country ballad styles getting Wanda Vick's fiddle and Steve Hinson's pedal steel tracks to follow the chord progressions. Is there a fix like there was for the Brent Mason tracks or is it just a playing style thing? Thanks...and Merry Christmas.

Edited by Brian K (12/25/11 12:51 PM)

#133353 - 01/17/12 12:44 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: Brian K]
Loc: California
Robh Offline
Veteran

BrianK an upgrade is in store.

The John Jarvis track really shine.
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#133354 - 01/18/12 09:43 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: Robh]
Loc: Arizona
toucher Online   content
Expert

Loc: Arizona
The John Jarvis tracks are an excellent start, I love them and would like to see more as well as the aforementioned styles. Also some Hargus "Pig" Robbins, Ronnie Milsap and Matt Rollings.

Some more good stuff coming hopefully.

http://www.reverbnation.com/roberttrippmusic

#133355 - 01/22/12 03:40 AM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: Robh]
Brian K Offline
Enthusiast

Robh,

You mean that is getting fixed? Sure hope so...those tracks are just not accurate.

Been listening to the "new" country real tracks looking for something to expand my 2011 everything pack real styles but, though there are some new treatments they all are still in straight 4/4 except that one 16th "folk" groove Some very good improvements in some lead instruments...but still I don't think there's anything new for back ground country ballad fiddle, bluegrass lead acoustic or rock/r&b sax. As far as rhythm section tracks it all sounds like country from ages past...still no half time tracks...nothing modern...(by that I mean even the last twenty years.) They're good and definitely getting better all the time but who actually plays rhythm section tracks ONLY like that anymore? (Always straight 4 or 2.)The players are good...they can play it if asked to so I wonder what's the problem? Sorry if I sound like a whiner...I'm just wishing for more rhythmic variation.

If PG would just listen to what's out there please! Get with the times!I bet we'll buy it...in droves! Believe me! Maybe you need a new producer in the studio who listens more to today's popular music.When I hear the great work with old styles I wonder why there is no treatment of half time grooves.There's nothing new or esoteric about half time. Just go back and listen to "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" by The Band....or "A Little Past Little Rock" by Lee Ann Womack. Martina McBride has a new hit called "I'm gonna love You Through It" that's a great example of what I'm referring to and most pop ballads are played this way. Why should that groove be so hard to record as real tracks? Please accept these comments as constructive criticism. These "praise and worship" tracks must be very popular given how many there are but they are not very suitable to modern country pop/crossover writers. (1,2,a3a4 and a1,2,a3a4...very repetitive) You hear any of that stuff on the radio in hit songs? I don't.Maybe I'm just expecting too much diversity stylistically. Still...it's just not that hard to play and the drummers are all great players...is it a sync problem for the real track technology or something to take two measures of four and put the snare on 3 and time out the tracks and drum fills accordingly? OK...then you'd need to redo all the other tracks as well to fit that groove and maybe you just don't want to spend the money...maybe it's a bigger endeavor than it seems to one who doesn't know what's involved. I don't know...or maybe your target market is largely amateur and student level.Am I the only person who's looking for these treatments? I haven't seen anyone else bring it up. Just imagine what a tweak that would be!

Sorry if it's in there somewhere and I just can't find it but I've looked pretty extensively.Thanks for listening.

Cheers

Edited by Brian K (01/22/12 04:12 PM)

#133356 - 01/22/12 04:16 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: toucher]
Brian K Offline
Enthusiast

Toucher,

Matt Rollings! You bet! I've watched him on sessions...the guy can play literally ANYTHING! Imagine some half time country and ballad tracks with him filling in! What an awesome addition THAT would be!

#133357 - 02/16/12 04:24 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: Brian K]
Robh Offline
Veteran

I do agree that a few more country piano tracks would be nice. I have dropped the John Jarvis tracks in on several tunes so far and really love them. I love the work Pig Robbins always did,great example. The 2012 is worth the price just for the new tracks. Jarvis did come with the bonus pack
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#133358 - 02/27/12 07:12 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: toucher]
mikedubacher Offline

I Totally Agree !!

#133359 - 02/27/12 07:18 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: PeterGannon]
mikedubacher Offline

Hi Peter, I missed out on this one. I'm looking to purchase this, it is however not available. You're right with John Jarvis !! More Country licks from him would be great !!

#133360 - 03/08/12 04:23 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: Country piano [Re: mikedubacher]
Loc: Illinois USA
Oakley Offline

Loc: Illinois USA
Floyd Cramer Please

#133361 - 03/28/12 05:32 PM [Styles and RealTracks Wishlist] Re: BB 2012 Bonus Pak [Re: Robh]
mikedubacher Offline

Hi, I've looking for the BB 2012 Bonus Pak ( I know its not available) If you you know if anyone who has this I would gladly pay for the cost of this cd. as well as mailing fees.
sincerely Mike Dubacher

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 - Order in Time for Christmas!

Looking to put Band-in-a-Box® under the tree? It's not too late!

USA/Canada: Order before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 21st for Express delivery
Outside of North America: Order before 12:30 pm Pacific time December 19th.

Order online anytime at www.pgmusic.com and be downloading most products within minutes!

Until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows, we've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Notation Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

There are Notation Enhancements in the NEW Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! These include:
•A new button in the Print Options dialog which lets you quickly print a "chords only" fake sheet. You can also access this from the right-click menu on the chord sheet.
•A new track type (Drums) is now available for The Melody and Soloist tracks.
•Clicking close to a stave line will put a note on the stave line instead of between stave lines. (Previously, you had to click extremely close to a stave line to insert a note on The line.)
•Double-clicking on the Standard mode Notation window (or on the time line in Editable or Staff Roll mode) plays the song from the current time location. Previously, it played the song from the beginning of the current bar.
•Holding down the [Ctrl] key and pressing the zoom in/out buttons results in finest possible incremental adjustment in size.
•In The Notation Windows Options dialog, The clefs split point asterisk indicates that C5* is middle C.
•Pressing The space bar plays the song from the current time location, not the current bar.
•The clefs split point can be set by the spin controls.
•The right-click menu in the Editable or Staff Roll mode Notation window has an option to change the current beat resolution. Previously, the only way to do this was to right-click on the time line.
•There's a keystroke entry notation mode - the 'N' mode, which lets you enter a melody entirely using keystrokes. The keystrokes are N to enter a note, up/down cursor to change its pitch, and left/right cursor to move the time line.
•You can now edit any track in the Event List Editor. When The dialog opens, it will show you the MIDI data in the current Notation track.
•You can quickly enter forced accidentals from the right-click menu.

We talk about these new features within our Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content! video:
25:45 - New Features: Easy Entering of Notation with the 'N' Key
36:48 - Change Beat Resolution From the Right-Click Menu
37:15 - Easier Entry of Notes on Lines
37:42 - Asterisk to Indicate Middle C on & Spin Controls
37:53 - Force Accidental from the Right-Click Menu
38:01 - Edit Any Track in the Event List
38:09 - Keystroke Note Entry Mode 'N' for Faster Note Entry
38:28 - Print Chords Only Fake Sheet
38:32 - More Control of Notation Size

Rather read about it?
-Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual
-New Feature Summary - Notation Enhancements

The New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows SongPicker!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2019, the SongPicker has been redesigned!
-The completely redesigned window shows information for up to 50,000 songs.
-The song list build is much faster. Approximately 150 songs get added per second.
-A progress bar will appear if the song list build takes longer than 3 seconds.
-You can see the chord progression for the selected song in the list. You can copy and paste it to a text file.
-Many filters are available. You can filter the list by subfolders, genre, feel, time signature, style, songs with melody, soloist, lyrics, key signature, tempo range, and the year of file dates.
-You can search songs that have similar chord progressions and/or melody fragments.
-Hotkey! ss+enter opens the SongPicker, ss2+enter opens the Recently Played Songs, etc.

Learn more about the updates with our New Features Video - we've made it easy to find the section you'll need:
2:55 - New Feature: Redesigned SongPicker
21:58 - New Features: SongPicker Enhancements
41:10 - Now Over 10,600 Titles in SongPicker

You can also read all about the new SongPicker within our Online Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® Upgrade Manual.

RealBand 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest RealBand 2019 for Windows program manuals!

RealBand 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
RealBand 2019 for Windows New Features Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download

RealBand 2019 is included in every purchase of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows! We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Online and PDF Manuals Available!

Visit our Online Manuals support page for access to the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows program manuals!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows User's Guide: Online Manual | PDF Download
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade Manual: Online Manual | PDF Download

Don't forget.... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2018 - save over 40% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade! Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

Forum Stats
28478 Members
58 Forums
55363 Topics
461342 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
stephdu35, gaboz, Gord Heath, Krisssss Wu, MikeF

28476 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 400
Pipeline 365