Print Thread
Go To
#134872 11/24/11 11:21 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi Guys,

For those of you keeping up with my adventures - I now have my M Audio Fast Track Pro up and running, and with it my Reaper software now has sound!!

Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time lately to do much else with it. But I am looking forward to doing my first all PC recording very soon.
No doubt you will see my cries for help on the relevant forums when I can't figure it out!!

Meanwhile here's a song done my "old fashioned" way without the benefit of Reaper or Ozone 4.

As usual, all comments welcome.

Equipment: Roland VS 1680
Digitech Vocalist VR
Yamaha MSP5 Monitors
Alesis 3630 Compressor
Rode NT1 Microphone
Art Studio V3 Pre Amp
BBE Sonic Sweet

***** Song Summary *************
Title: GUESS I MUST BE FALLING
Key=D , Tempo 95, Length (m:s)=3:22

Style is _PBALADM.STY (Med PopBal w Dreamy ElGt (85 RS))
Style MIDI Instruments are :
RealTracks in style: ~518:Bass, Electric, Pop HalfNotes Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~362:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Ev 085
RealTracks in style: ~542:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 085
RealDrums in Style: NashvilleEven8^5-HiHat,Ride

GUESS I MUST BE FALLING: http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10682788

Music is what feelings sound like.
User Showcase
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Good luck with the new equipment, this song is very well done. You just keep the hits comin'. Thanks for sharing!

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Very good use of adding instruments as you go along. Very good craft. I enjoyed the composition. Harmonies and the drums kicking in together sounds really good. Well done. Try one of the harmonica RT's in the later part of the tune, I think it would fit.

Last edited by Kemmrich; 11/25/11 05:20 AM.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Nicely written and produced song. Good mix.

I would like to hear a version with less reverb/echo - it might raise the level of intimacy and pull the listener in closer. I only mention this because given my poor level of hearing, that if I can hear the reverb and echo on my own mixes, then the chances are that it is too loud - so I scale it back until I can just hear it. I try to choose a room feel for all instruments.

Just a thought Martin - I do enjoy your work.

Cheers - Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is another excellent backing and music made with Real Tracks. I love the Acoustic Fingerpicked Real Track and it shines in this song, well done !!

Trax

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Martin,

What a great song. You've put this one together really well. The lyrics worked great me and I loved the melody. My initial feeling was that maybe there was a tad too much reverb but then as I listened a bit longer, it worked for me.

Excellent work!

All the best,
Noel

P.S. I was pleased to read that you've got a sound happening in Reaper

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Well done. I'll echo one of the comments above in that I really like the way you built it up and also the harmonized vocals added a lot and were mixed well. Reverb didn't distract me at all. I've heard some great recordings that make very effective use of reverb (Black Orpheus Soundtrack comes to mind). Thanks so much for sharing your work.

-Patrick

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
It’s all been said; great song, super lyrics, outstanding vocals and harmonization.

The reverb did not bother me either.

Two thumbs up.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
R
Hi Martin,

Great crossover tune. Very catchy chorus. You sure know how to write them. Your production is very good. I listen to your song on my cheap little laptop speakers and you still have a big sound. Even on small speakers, everything seems mixed well.

Thanks for sharing.
RodM

User Showcase
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
Hi guys,

Thanks to all for taking the time to listen. As always your comments are valued and respected!

PGFantastic: Thank you for listening. Just one "hit" would do me!!

Kevin: Thanks for your time, glad you liked it. Interesting thought re the Harmonica. One of my favourite sounds so I may just try that!

Ian: Thank you as always. I wasn't really aware of the reverb until you mentioned it. I never add reverb to the instruments, only the vocal, but there does seem to be more than is usual for my mixes. Will try a remix. Thanks again.

Trax: Thanks for listening and the kind words. Glad you enjoyed it.

Noel: Hi my friend. And thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. Glad you liked it. I'm a little concerned about the reverb comments so maybe I need to rethink it. Like you, I thought it worked.
Yeah, Reaper up and running. Fingers crossed!!

Patrick: Thank you for your time and kind words. As I said above, I thought the sound worked too. But the more people comment on the reverb, the more I'm inclined to think it's wrong!! Thanks again

Mario: Hiya fella.:) Thanks as always for your time - and your thumbs!! Glad you liked it!!

Rod: Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.

Music is what feelings sound like.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,557
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199