#135585 11/26/11 01:32 PM
User Showcase
C
carkins Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
C
Here are 2 fun "firsties" I wrote and used BIAB and RB to create something I could give to a trained vocalist and musicians as a blueprint.
Both are at my website:

http://www.carlkocich.com/Music.html

Still learning these great programs and am having a blast getting as far as I have.
Will continue to polish these tunes as I hopefully improve my vocal, recording and mixing skills.
Thanks to PG and all the forum members I'm learning from

Here's the song info:

"Hello Baby Hello"
BIAB Style: Dr John Shuffle Blues
Drums: MIDI From BIAB
Bass: MIDI From BIAB
Harmonica: RT Hee Haw SW 165 (I think)?
Piano: BIAB MIDI Acoustic Grand

"Lovin Lollygaggle With You"
BIAB Style: Country Merle Travis
Drums : Real Drums Country Shuffle
Harmonica: RT Hee Haw SW 165
Bass: Midi Acoustic Bass 33
Fingerpick Guitar: RT 364
Rhythm Guitar: RT 065 (I think)?
Chorus: Clone Ensemble

carkins #135586 11/26/11 08:18 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Whoa, they all opened at the same time when I clicked there, lol.

Very nice job with the music. It takes talent to write a song, of which I do not occupy.

I enjoyed listening to them and got a kick outta Prophet For Profit, lol. The good ol days. :|

Great job with using Biab/RB to compose these with. The Real Tracks are such a joy to record, sing along and listen too.

Trax

User Showcase
C
carkins Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
C
Thanks Trax.
Glad to bring a smile or two.
BIAB and RB sure beats ping ponging from two cassettes eh?
Have a good'n,
Carkins

carkins #135588 11/30/11 06:47 PM
User Showcase
R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
R
Thanks Carkins,

Prophet for profit! What a great jingle. Loved the lyrics! The song is still stuck in my mind. I loved the transition from the fast part to the slow part. Those triplets and changes were great.
Hello baby Hello could also be made into a great county tune too! Nice retard on the end. Did you do the tempo changes in realband or in another host program?
Lovin Lollygaggle with you
I enjoyed those harmonica fills. Nice use of real tracks.

Good luck with your songs!

RodM

RodM #135589 12/07/11 05:56 AM
User Showcase
C
carkins Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
C
Thanks RodM
All the tempo changes were done either in Realband or in Band In A Box sometimes with a little cut and paste.
Glad you enjoyed them.
And thanks to PG Music for such great programs!
Carkins

carkins #135590 12/11/11 03:27 PM
User Showcase
B
BFL Offline
B
Carkins,
Loved these songs and I thought the lyrics were catchy and fun!
Top job!!!

Baz.

"....And all the scars I have show that life has taken many turns."

Me.
BFL #135591 12/13/11 04:47 PM
User Showcase
C
carkins Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
C
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Just to elaborate on solving a problem I had while working on "Lovin Lollygaggle With You" (from an earlier Realband post on tempo change problems) while composing that song:

In the song with a 4/4 Swing chorus, 3/4 Waltz bridge, 4/4 Swing chorus the RT Harmonicas left a blank space at the 3/4 Waltz Bridge and resume again at the second 4/4 Swing chorus.

To workaround this I created just the 3/4 Waltz bridge in BIAB and generated a RT Harmonica part I was happy with on the Melody Track with a maximum volume setting (127) and Froze it.

Then I entered DAW mode in BIAB.

Then I opened my full song in RealBand, selected an empty tack below the blank RB Waltz Bridge and Drag/Dropped the BIAB Melody Harmonica track to that spot on the new blank RB track.

Now the song plays through with the harmonica responding to the tempo changes.

Not sure if this tempo change glitch was solved with 2012, haven't had time to try it yet but may help someone who runs into a similar situation.

Life is always plan B, so try to find a comfortable chair and enjoy the ride.
Happy Holidays!
Carkins

carkins #135592 12/14/11 11:37 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The “Profit for Profit” hit the nail right on the head. Loved it!

“Hello Baby Hello” and “Lovin’ Lollygaggle with You” were also very good. All three have great backing tracks, vocals and mixes. Super job!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
MarioD #135593 12/16/11 08:05 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

The “Profit for Profit” hit the nail right on the head. Loved it!

“Hello Baby Hello” and “Lovin’ Lollygaggle with You” were also very good. All three have great backing tracks, vocals and mixes. Super job!

exactly!

The prophet song might be a bit too long if I am allowed to kniypick...

cheers,

superbron

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
www.soundclick.com/superbron
User Showcase
C
carkins Offline OP
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
C
Thanks guys.
I agree that Profit For Profit could loose a couple of chorus's but you should have seen it's original length with and extra couple I deleted!

With some songs it can be an ordeal to write enough verses and others just let the mental flood gates flow and force the song writer into the painful chore of which child to throw out and which to keep.

Some of Dylan's tunes show this.

One day I will try to .
edit Prophet but it would require a complete redo from scratch as this version was produced way back when I gave the studio musicians a lyric and chord sheet (I can't reed or write notes) and a ping ponged cassette tape to go by.

The quality of that song is what I'm striving for with my BIAB/RB efforts and will continue to work on them to get as close as I can.

In the mean time I appreciate any input that may help me reach that goal and have fun along the way
Thanks again,
Carkins

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,500
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195