Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
MIDI Harmonies
1 - We need a better way to select a MIDI harmony in the way of the stylepicker (harmonies w/two voices, w/three voices, search by key word,...)
2 - It would be nice also to extend the maximum number of entries to 1024.

Reach for excellence
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
Chords entry ideas (partial midi related ?

To accept numeric chord entry : 1 maj, 2 m7, b3 maj7, etc.. in relation to the key, BIAB will translate it into proper alphabetical chord entry.

Also, a preference setting to view chord as alphabet or numeric, so BIAB would also translate existing chords into numeric.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
To enable chords to be viewed / printed as Eb / Bb instruments, while sounding in concert C pitch. Good for wind players to practice improvisation along.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, I wish that the Melodyst and the Soloist builder gets updated, meaning maybe to add some more "playing" styles or maybe to add some more artists to them. I've been following the melodyst and the soloist builder since 2007 and have not seen a lot of difference on them, I'm just referring to the midi part of it, nor RT's.I asked once in the past for a in this case a new "latin" or 'salsa" melody style, but maybe there is not much demand for it. Oh well.

Mike B.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Chords entry ideas (partial midi related ?

To accept numeric chord entry : 1 maj, 2 m7, b3 maj7, etc.. in relation to the key, BIAB will translate it into proper alphabetical chord entry.

Also, a preference setting to view chord as alphabet or numeric, so BIAB would also translate existing chords into numeric.

It's already there.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

To enable chords to be viewed / printed as Eb / Bb instruments, while sounding in concert C pitch. Good for wind players to practice improvisation along.

See the Practice Icon. Cmon, quit asking for stuff we've had forever. And that's not midi related really.

I play Eb and Bb horns, transpose print all no problem. Play along the song is on the screen in G but playing in F and b flat horn is dead on.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
T
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
T
I'm glad it's already there! And I do apologize for not finding out first.

Thanks.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
K
First, BIAB is an awesome app. I've used it for WELL over a decade. It has tons of features under the cover. If I've missed an easy way to do what I'm proposing PLEASE let me know.

There are currently keyboard shortcuts for controlling song playback. I.E. Ctrl-NUMPAD 2 to loop the middle chorus. For us that play with two hands it is tough to use a laptop keyboard to control song playback in live situations. I saw a post for someone looking for a foot controller that would allow a guitarist to direct song playback. I want the same thing. But I don't think I'll find a foot controller that sends out custom PS-2 keyboard codes. (Might be a nice hobby project, but really...)

Midi foot controllers are common. If I could loop the intro, head, chorus (improv), and ending by stomping on a midi controller it would really be nice. All I need is for BIAB to support looping a range of bars based on a midi key input.

Devils in the details and making this a musical function would required implementing much of what already is in the Song Navigation Keystrokes built into BIAB. Like jumping to the next loop only after the current one completes.

Thanks for considering...

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Printing of the chord sheet of a song.
When there is a time signature change and a chord change, the both interfere : so in this case, the chord name has to be right shifted.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
New chord masks
In the StyleMaker, it would be nice to get new chord masks for extended chords. That would enable the realization of the extended chords without all the chord notes with specific notes disposition.
-for Xm9/X9 because most of times, these chords are played Xm7/X7 in BIAB
-for X13 because most of times, this chord is played X7 or X9 in BIAB.

Reach for excellence
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
StyleMaker colors
In the Stylemaker, when you want to edit some patterns of a style and when you have 60, 70 or more patterns for each instrument, it becomes a forced labour to do the work because you don't know where are your prefill patterns, where are yourbar1, bar2,... patterns, where are your FillA/FillB patterns,...
My proposal is to use colours to identify the different kinds of patterns:
Bar1, bar2, ..., bar8
Prefill/FillA/fillB/postfill...
That is simple, very ergonomic, and it seems easy to implement.

Reach for excellence
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Styles with Pushes Override:

It would be nice, for the styles with Pushes, to add a feature ‘Disable Pushes for this bar’. This setting would be available in Song Settings.
When this feature is enabled for a post fill bar, that would make the new section of the song to start ON the beat, as would do most of real bands.

Reach for excellence
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Import Melody MIDI partial file to any bar

It would be nice to be able to import a Melody from MIDI file into any bar, and not only the whole file as it is possible at present time. Import Melody file (from bar#...to bar#...) into Melody Track at bar#...
Same request for Soloist track.

Reach for excellence
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Prevent bass octave skips

It would be nice to get the following feature :
For the Bass track, when you have a diatonic or chromatic change in the root changes of the chords, don’t do an octave skip. Example : for following chords |E |F E7 | D |, bass notes should be E4 |F4 E4 |D4 instead of E3 | F4 E3|D4 .
At present time, we have to manually edit the bass track, before freezing it in order to get a professionnal bass line.

Reach for excellence
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Songpicker wrong disk number display

In BIAB help section, it is recommended to use disk#1000 for our user styles (for LS3 files or stylepicker editor). That is what I did. But, when you open the Song Picker, your styles appear with disk#232.
Could that be fixed ?

Reach for excellence
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
C
Journeyman
Journeyman
C
A collection of predefined slides/slurs both up and down which could be applied to selected midi notes in the event or notation windows(maybe in a drop down menu?)to add a bluesy feeling to midi guitar or other instruments.

Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Hybrid Styles Editor :

For hybrid styles edition purpose, it should be nice :
1 - under the menu Styles| Make a hybrid style, to have the Edit command, to change a part of an hybrid style, without the need of fully rebuild the hybrid style (for.ex. change only the guitar part from style#1 to another part from style#2)
OR
2 – have the ability to manually enter the required data in a new field of the StyleMaker/Misc page like for Multistyles data.

Example :
Drums : from ZZBOUNCY.STY
Bass : from ZZJAZZ.STY
Guitar : from WILLID.STY.

Reach for excellence
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Expert
Expert
StyleMaker : Multiple conditions settings

It would be nice to make working the multiple conditions settings in the stylemaker.
For example: For the bass, we have two 2-beat patterns with following settings (plus other 2-beat patterns with different settings):
Pattern#1
Relative weight=9
Playback bar mask = fill
Playback beat mask=beat1

Pattern#2
Relative weight=9
Playback bar mask = fill
Playback beat mask=beat3.
This configuration is required for example to get a given bass line during a fill bar and when there is a chord change during the fill bar.

When you hit play, at the fill bar, the pattern#1 would be played first, and then the pattern#2 starting at beat3. In fact, we could get any combination of patterns, including all other 2-beat patterns present in the style. So, the required bass fill riff is not guaranteed.

Reach for excellence
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Good grief, this thread is a joke. An absolute joke. Almost all of you guys have no idea what midi is. What's the title of this thread? .."Midi specific ideas." Anybody have a clue what that means? It means stuff like editing midi notes in the piano roll, copy/pasting midi parts, midi channels, assigning midi instruments, velocity curves, CC implementation (anybody know what that is?), the midi monitor, the midi drum kit and other "midi specific ideas" I can't think of right now. From what I see there's maybe 3 or 4 posts that are actually midi specific ideas out of 5 pages of crap.

Any one of us who actually knows a bit about midi took one look at the first page of posts in this thread and bailed.

Peter's thread title has nothing to do with styles, style requests, creating hybrid styles, the soloist/melodist, printing notation, generating of harmony parts, transposing, why doesn't Biab work with JABB, (this isn't a questions thread) none of that. Every one of these things are already requested and talked about here in separate threads in the Wishlist forum and questions go in the proper program forum not the Wishlist forum. Why haven't any of you taken the time to read this forum first? That plus a lot of things talked about here are already implemented but nobody has taken the time to research their request either brfore posting.

This thread was supposed to be a "midi ideas thread" supposedly for people who are familiar with midi in the first place.

I'm just another user looking for good discussions and maybe learn something but in attempting to read this thread I feel like a monitor in a kindergarten class.

Jeesh..

Bob

Biab/RB latest build, Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 5 5600 G, 512 Gig SSD, 16 Gigs Ram, Steinberg UR22 MkII, Roland Sonic Cell, Kurzweil PC3, Hammond SK1, Korg PA3XPro, Garritan JABB, Hypercanvas, Sampletank 3, more.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I wish the output chords feature was more like an extra part, completely independant of other parts. Currently in the Mac version, I can't use ouput chords, melody and soloist at the same time.

BIAB 2022Audiophile Mac, DX3 Pro, Massdrop HD6XX, iMac Pro, MacOS 12.6.3 Ableton Live! Suite 11, Soundtoys 5, iZotope Music Production Suite, NI KOMPLETE
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,446
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195