Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
the top 4 are new since receiving biab 2012. simply wonderful, peter!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Aren't you just having a time for yourself!! Sounds good. It would be useful (and a teaching point) if you listed the styles and the instruments you used for each tune.

(Soundclick is having lots of intermittent issues today!)

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Don,
Listened to some of your songs briefly today, great stuff, really loved the harmonica in Norma's song. I will do them more justice tomorrow as it's been a busy day.
I've added a few of mine to Soundclick now I've finally got my head around it.
Regards. Jeff

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Don,

I listened to these ones, they are the 4 new ones... correct?

50's Stroll
Francis Smile
The Moods of Francis
Across the Miles

Wonderful! Thanks for posting them!

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
the thanks go to you, peter, my friend. my music making days were over until your band-in-a-box resurrected my creativity and permitted me to make wonderful music again. i will forever be indebted to you. saying thank you is grossly inadequate, but, thank you again.

btw, yes, those are the 4 new ones. a big difference over the rest. perhaps i will re-work the others when i find time.

Last edited by Don Gaynor; 12/20/11 11:14 AM.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Don,

A couple of points not related to the music first.
Have you got ‘Bluegrass’ set as a default category in SC ? It sounds to me that some of these tunes would be more appropriately assigned to other categories.

Secondly – and I have made this point before – I think it would be helpful for the management of this forum if artists opened one new thread for each song. That way we would know that all comments related to the same composition.

Currently listening to the nice smooth guitar work on Across the Miles. Kind of Shadows-like. Nice !!

Marc

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love your Band Don ,what fun software and a nice company to deal with ! Great way to pass the time enjoyably ,thanks for sharing Don !

User Showcase
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
Hey don,

Very nice. Good guitar work. I like your less is more aproach with Band In A box.

Tim

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
lyrics!
lyrics!
lyrics!
we want....(can you guess?...)

LYRICS!!

you can't escape, dude... now that you're getting the incredibly expensive voice, you have no 'scuse

Besides, the T-Pain effect is all the rage

PEST-O-METER
0_______/_100

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
pat, my friend, "getting" is the operative verb. the order went to prosthetics yesterday. with a bi'o irish luck and my tiny speech therapist pushing it through the sewer pipes of v. a. bureaucracy, i may actually see it in january. played at recording my old dynavox today - sounds very nice. now, i only need a decent lyrics file for it to "sing" for you.

User Showcase
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Don, those are fun tunes, nice work with the new box.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
User Showcase
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Woe ,i hope my Band in a Box ,plays as well as yours sounds ,because your songs are awesome ,as clear as a sunny day ,loved the sound and arangement ,very well done ,best wishes Brian.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
thanks, brian. you've got a great ear for raw talent! (chuckle, or whatever you brits call muffled snickering). it's all band-in-a-box! but i know what you mean. i'd thank you in your own native language if i could speak british better. cheers, my friend. (am oye pickin' it oup, aye wot? by jove, oye think oyve go'it!)

seriously, thank you.

User Showcase
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
All 4 r top notch. Thanks 4 sharing!

My Music

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Little late to this dance, Don, but I'm glad I'm here.
Francis' Smile started to get my creative juices flowing - words started popping into my head
and the guitar work suggested a melody in several places. It brought pictures to my eyes.
Songs of this heartfelt tempo I have trouble writing, but you've done such a good job.

The lead is reminiscent of the Shadows music which we used to play back in the early 60s before the Beatles forced us all to sing.

Looking forward to hearing more, Don. Good stuff.

Ian

Ian
My "Original Tunes" Site
My gene pool needs more chlorine.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
it may be in order to explain who francis (actually two women in my life) are. as you may know, i live in a long term care facility (aka nursing home) and francis #1 was a 93 year old lady that owned my heart. she suffered from alzheimer's disease and, sadly, she died about a month ago and that broke my heart. she was the cutest little lady imaginable. i am known as "the music man" because i am either playing or composing music and she could follow the music to my room, smile from ear-to-ear and tap her feet and clap her hands in perfect time to old time fiddle music, her personal favorite. she knew that her aide would be close behind so she'd slam my door shut behind her. i cried so hard the morning that my nurse woke me to gently break the news that she had died painlessly, peacefully in her sleep. her doctor said that my music and affection may have been keeping her alive. that was the greatest reward i've ever received. the staff knew i was heartbroken so they presented me with her little Garfield blanket.

francis #2 is my new aide who takes wonderful, loving care of me. i wrote Francis' Smile for her and she cried with joy when i first played it for her. She's Creek-Seminole Indian and i love her as my own granddaughter.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Francis' Smile started to get my creative juices flowing - words started popping into my head
and the guitar work suggested a melody in several places. It brought pictures to my eyes.
Songs of this heartfelt tempo I have trouble writing, but you've done such a good job.

Ian, if you have some lyrics in mind, please go ahead, with my blessing! I know that you will do it justice.

Thank you so much my friend.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I love these new ones Don. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing them.

Best wishes to you in the New Year.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
thank you so much, my friend, but i feel that peter et al should share the honors. my music making days had ended with my stroke. and then peter and biab breathed new life into me and renewed my interest in living. but i appreciate your appreciation, bob. thanks for listening and your encouragement.

User Showcase
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B
Hi Don,
i am sorry for the loss of your friend ,its a sad story ,of a beautiful relatshonship,
a relatshonship where through your Music you gave joy and kindness to a dear friend, in times of trouble ,i take my hat off to you sir ,and may i wish you the very best Brian.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,494
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195