Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
F
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
F
I've saved a song in my BB2Go folder, and (apparently) successfully transferred it to my iPad, but several of the chords are missing from the screen display, and the song that is played is not the one I transferred. The original is 34 bars long, and the transferred version is this long, but what is played is only one 24-bar chorus instead of 3 34-bar choruses.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
I'd recommend trying it again. Not sure what the issue is there.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
F
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
F
Here's an example of the missing chords on the display of my iPad - taken from a BIAB-generated introduction to a piece in Bb:

BbMaj7 __ G7 __ |Cm7 __ F13 __ |BbMaj7 __ EbMaj7 __ |D7 __ G7b9 __| <= on windows laptop

__ __ G7 __ |Cm7 __ F13 __ |__ __ __ __ |D7 __ G7b9 __| <= on iPad

If I go to edit the chords on the iPad, I can see the missing chords by touching 1, 2, 3 or 4, but they're not visible in the chord window, which makes it hard to improvise over!

At another part of the chord sequence there's a bar which has four chords in it:

Bb7 A7 Ab7 G7 | <= on windows laptop
__ A7 __ __ | <= on iPad

It seems to me that the iPad "knows" what the chords are, it just doesn't display them correctly.

Is there a forum for the iPad/iPhone app?

M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Hi,

It might be time for you to take this problem directly to PGMusic Support.

If you have the computer and iPad set up, for example, and can call Support directly on their phoneline, there is a very good chance that one of the experts can get to the bottom of the problem in a lot faster and cleaner fashion than can be done via the open forum.

--Mac

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi,
Thanks for posting that specific example. Yes, I can duplicate that issue, so we will get it fixed. We plan a maintenance update in 1-2 weeks for the iOS version.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
F
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
F
Thanks for checking that out, Peter - I was beginning to fear for my sanity!

F
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
F
The promised maintenance update became available from Apple today.

I updated the App on my iPad, but every time I started it, it crashed after a brief (1 second) appearance on the screen.

I decided to remove the App altogether (along with all the files I'd transferred) and install it afresh, and this time it works, but the chords are still truncated.

I have a song which goes:

Dm _ _ _ | Dm - - C#m | Dm _ _ _ | Dm _ _ Ab7 |
A7 _ _ _ |

and so on, but the "#m" from the C#m and the "b7" from the Ab7 aren't visible (except when the song is being edited).

Another minor problem - the File=>Server menu has a "Send curent song" option instead of "...current...".

C
Expert
Expert
C
foxylady,

I had the exact same thing to happen as well after the update. I haven't done anything just yet, but was hoping not to have to reload the files back in since I had 116 tunes in my folder. Since you solved the problem with the remove and re-install, I'll do the same shortly.

Thanks for that info,
Cecil

Expert
Expert
Quote:

The promised maintenance update became available from Apple today.

I updated the App on my iPad, but every time I started it, it crashed after a brief (1 second) appearance on the screen.

I decided to remove the App altogether (along with all the files I'd transferred) and install it afresh, and this time it works, but the chords are still truncated.

I had the same problem, but when I deleted the App and tried to download again it asked me to pay again.
The 1.0.4. vesion just opens and when you select the server and say OK, the App just shuts down. Very frustrating.
As this is an update should I be asked to pay again? (the money isn't the problem it 's just the principal)

Best regards
George

P.S. I had a copy of the old App saved, so I was able to get it back.

Windows 11 64 bit, Biab 2023 1006, Realband 2023 (1)
i7 Desktop Computer 16Gb Memory

C
Expert
Expert
C
I deleted the App, reloaded it (without being asked to repay), loaded all my favorite songs back in via the server route, etc. (a total of 106), which took quite some time, but I didn't care about the time...they were my favorites!! Everything seemed to have worked super well to this point (i.e., they all appeared in the green color when I proceeded to select, using the file statement, to load in)....but several resulted in a blank chord sheet with no indication as to what the problem was. All 106 files play super fine on my desktop, but several (somewhere around 20 or so) of the 106 resulted in a blank chord sheet although their title was green in the file list.

I'll watch this thread in hopes I can get some indications as to what to do about this....those excluded were some of my most preferred tunes. I'm using the iPhone 4S.

Cecil

Expert
Expert
Hi cchallum (Cecil),

I think I know how I have been asked to pay for it again... I downloaded the original from Apple... but then changed my Logon and password (to make it more secure) so that is perhaps why it asks me to pay again.

I will hold off downloading the new version until the issues are fixed.

Best regards
George

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
We've sent a new version of the iPhone Band-in-a-Box to the appstore. It should be available in a few days. It adds the following:

- fix for some disappearing chords
- fix for a sometimes crash when updating from previous version, on iOS 5
- much faster downloads of songs
- faster generation of songs
- improved display of chords for really long chords, for example a bar that contains
| Am7b5/Eb D7b9 Gm7b5/Db C7b9b13 | will all be visible.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Expert
Expert
Hi Peter,

I have just downloaded the new version of the App and it appears to have fixed the problems you have highlighted.

- fix for some disappearing chords Fixed in my version.
- fix for a sometimes crash when updating from previous version, on iOS 5 Fixed in my version.
- much faster downloads of songs Seems to be quicker.
- faster generation of songs Really didn't notice any difference (but I do have a slow connection).
- improved display of chords for really long chords, for example a bar that contains
| Am7b5/Eb D7b9 Gm7b5/Db C7b9b13 | will all be visible. Fixed in my version (but you need good eyesight on an iTouch).

Thanks for all your help Peter and all the staff at PG.

Best regards
George

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Thanks George,

Also, FYI, there will be another BB iPhone update version available in about a week (1.0.6), which fixes an issue where a song would occasionally download with a blank chordsheet.
As you may know, each patch that we make needs to be vetted by Apple (as does every app), and they do a remarkably quick job of processing updates, considering the number that they must be dealing with.

We also have a separate version Band-in-a-Box 1.0.6 for iPad, due in a week, that has same features as the iPhone one, but scaled to the iPad screen.

Have Fun!
Peter Gannon
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,503
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195