Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#153766 03/16/12 04:19 AM
RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
RB differs from BIAB in that all tracks are not regenerated... this means you can change the chords for different tracks to get exactly the effect and cadence you want. Many of us change the chords manually, or cut and paste chord sets to different bar locations... but this makes it awkward to remember which chord set was used for which track.

My request is for multiple tabbed chord sheets (like the tabbed Spreadsheets in an Excel document) each of which can be assigned to a specific track.

This would enable the composer to keep a permanent record of chords used to generate each track, and the project coud be duplicated/regenerated more easily.

Alternatively, you could give us an option to specify bars 1-36 for track 1, bars 40-76 for track 2 etc. That way the file format would remain the same.

(But you could still add the option to "Show as tabs" or "Show as sequential bars", because that would just be a matter of screen display, not file format)

see thread:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=356411&Main=356302#Post356411

RealBand Wishlist
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think this is an excellent suggestion. I too have had to change the chord sheet numerous times to render rhythms, holds, shots, etc., differently for different instruments. The tabbed idea would be ideal.

Terry

BIAB/RB 2018 PlusPak. Dell Inspiron23 running Win10, 12GB RAM, 2.5GHz i7, Presonus AudioBox USB interface.
RealBand Wishlist
S
S
Ditto. I use many different chord structures when I'm putting together a song and many times I can't remember exactly what I used for each instrument. Especially when I use a lot of Shots and Holds or I decide to add another instrument at a later date. Being able to save the chords (even in a text file) and being able to import them would be great.

RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Bump.

I would REALLY like this feature~! I find that more and more my compositions require multiple adaptations of the chords to get different instruments to do what I want. This would let me experiment without screwing up what I already have. And once I nail that track, I could move on to the next track, copy the existing chords, then add, subtract or rearrange as needed.

It wouldn't have to be a large number of tabs. One or two would be great. 5 would be wonderful.

RealBand Wishlist
C
Expert
Expert
C
+1. Excellent idea, also for BIAB.

RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
RealBand Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Yes Please. +1.

RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
Did I say +1?...why, yes I did, and I meant it.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Mom would be ashamed of me.. I forgot to say "please"

PLEASE??

RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
if such a feature existed, I envision it working like this:

1) In BIAB, you might right click on one of the instruments at the top of the screen, and a new option "new tab" would be available

2) when you initiate the "new tab" function, the tab name would be the patch assigned to that instrument

In RB, it could be similar, except you'd access it by right clicking on a track, which would mean that track gets its chords from the new tab

RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
The TRACKS right click menu has gotten pretty long, to the extent that (on my PC at least) the options scroll out of sight.

It would be useful if the menu was context aware... for example, if it is a midi track, it should ONLY have options used on a MIDI track... for example, to change the midi channel, midi patch, piano roll, and MIDI supertracks/styles pickbox would show when you want to add a new instrument etc

but NONE of the audio stuff (ie realtrack, real drum, audio effects etc) should be included in the right click menu of a MIDI track.

Likewise, an audio track should show only the items you'd use with an audio track, and none of the choices that are only applicable to a MIDI track.

RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1
That makes perfect sense.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
OK, we're closing in on a new release, so I'm bumping this request back to the top. This is my number one wish for RB. In my opinion, the ability to maintain multiple chord sheets would dramatically improve the compositional potential of the program.

The sheets wouldn't even have to be dealt with at the same time. As long as you could pick the sheet you want to use when generating the current track, that would meet my needs.

The slickest interface would be to have different tabs for each chord sheet, with the ability to select which tab is active.

Alternatively, if there was a way to export/import chords to/from a text file, that would also work. That way your basic engine would remain backwardly compatible because you'd still be generating from one chord sheet... the main difference would be that if you changed chords for various instruments, you'd have a saved record of the chords used for each part.

I envision chords being saved with names like Guitar_1, Banjo_track_7 or maybe with the name of the RT used on the track.

Last edited by Pat Marr; 05/04/13 06:35 AM.
RealBand Wishlist
S
S
This is certainly still on my wishlist. Just recently I've tried to add a new instrument to a song I put together a long while ago and I just can't remember all the chord changes I modified to get the song to sound the way I wanted. Especially when throwing in holds etc. on only certain tracks. I really like the concept of Tabs. That would really make things flow (if it can be done.

Thanks for resurfacing this one.

Steve.

RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
A huge +1 and thank you Pat for suggesting this.

RealBand Wishlist
Expert
Expert
I also put this in the BiaB wishlist some time ago along with a similar description of how it could work. I'll bump that thread and maybe you could all add support there as well. Thanks.

BiaB 2013 b366, RB 2013 b4, WinXP Pro SP3, Toshiba M70, 1.8GHz 2GB RAM 100GB HD. Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Ketron SD2.BiaB Wiki
RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
IF TAB$ = "IMPLENTED" THEN
   USER_HAPPINESS = 1
ELSE
   USER_HAPPINESS = 0
END IF

---------------------------------------
Link to PWarren's BIAB wishlist thread:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=202960&#Post202960

Last edited by Pat Marr; 05/11/13 09:42 AM.
RealBand Wishlist
Expert
Expert
Or in pascal...

case TABS of
0: user_happiness := false;
1: user_happiness := true;
end;

BiaB 2013 b366, RB 2013 b4, WinXP Pro SP3, Toshiba M70, 1.8GHz 2GB RAM 100GB HD. Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, Ketron SD2.BiaB Wiki
RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
Veteran
+1

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
RealBand Wishlist
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
bump

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,565
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200